KTM's Last carby model 2018 2 stroke.

Regardless of Tpi being better than carb or carb better than Tpi, I'm more spewing from a price point of view.

The reason I jumped over to the 2 banga side cause I didn't want to fork out 14.5k plus on roads for a FE350 now the TPI bikes are going to make them around the same price..

Cross country models or another brand might be the go for me when I update from my 17 model

Back in october i couldnt get a 300exc i had been waiting since may 2017.

I would have to have waited until feb to get a tpi 6 days lol

Now i have a 2018 300 carby i am glad i got it . 50 dollars for a spark plug for the tpi lol

I originally wanted a tpi but now im glad i couldnt get one. The barrel is different id hate to price one up in a kit

Back in october i couldnt get a 300exc i had been waiting since may 2017.

I would have to have waited until feb to get a tpi 6 days lol

Now i have a 2018 300 carby i am glad i got it . 50 dollars for a spark plug for the tpi lol

I originally wanted a tpi but now im glad i couldnt get one. The barrel is different id hate to price one up in a kit

$50 for a spark plug or $160 for a jd jetting kit

People are saying TPIs are expensive but the way I see it is by the time you buy a jd jetting kit send the head of to TSP and buy a Keihan or a Lectron Carby to get them to run right the tpi works out cheaper, imo.

Tsp is still doing modified heads for tpi disadvantages of tpi unless you want to spend well over a $1000 plus the cost of tune they can't be tuned. At least with a carb it can be adjusted to suit. Not everyone thinks they are great out of the box. Not everyone uses JD kit. You can get the stock needles and jets to work with slide modification.

Tsp is still doing modified heads for tpi disadvantages of tpi unless you want to spend well over a $1000 plus the cost of tune they can't be tuned. At least with a carb it can be adjusted to suit. Not everyone thinks they are great out of the box. Not everyone uses JD kit. You can get the stock needles and jets to work with slide modification.  

What Carby are you running in your bike Twistis ?

Sorry i don't have anything to offer on this subject but I'm finding a thread about KTM's that has quite a focus on cost very amusing. If KTM's were crap, and not worth the money people wouldn't buy more of them would they?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BearMX said:

Sorry i don't have anything to offer on this subject but I'm finding a thread about KTM's that has quite a focus on cost very amusing. If KTM's were crap, and not worth the money people wouldn't buy more of them would they?

they will hit the $20k mark and drop back down to $14k.  even though they should only be about $8-9 at most.  Exactly like bitcoins.

Before they bought husky, the WR models were that price, they would be laughing at the markup now.

1 hour ago, BearMX said:

Baaah lamb you

• Haha 1

At the end of the day the fuel injection is pushed by the emissions laws in Europe regardless of what bike we ride every 2 stroke will be fuel injected in the future to past the laws if not they will be dropped and extinct and a thing of the past ktm have chosen to lead the way and set a example why wouldn’t u want a 2 stroke that needs no tuning just hit the button and of u go yes there will be more costs to maintain the oil injection but  a small price to pay for a perfect burn that’s my opinion but I guess I work for Volkswagen and we all no about our emissions 

• Like 6