1 1
Nasty

iPad / tablet optimised

It would great if some hours could be put into optimising the site for tablet use.

i utilize a tablet for predominantly all internet use and this site is extremely problematic and with pages jumping around , scrolling issues ., double tapping required to select items, I won’t go on as the problems are very visible and easy to notice.

this really reduces the time I spend on this site 

hope someone  can get on top of this as user experience should be important 

• Like 1

Are you using Tapatalk? We can't control what Tapatalk do unfortunately if this is the case and I don't use a tablet so I'm not much help. Will șee the others say. Any specific things to write down?

• Like 1

Also keep in mind, that unless we are made aware of certain issues, we may be totally oblivious to it happening!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Husky310 said:

Not to mention the banner on top of the page on a tablet.

What is the banner issue mate?

I have never viewed the forum via a tablet

26 minutes ago, Geoffro said:

What is the banner issue mate?

I have never viewed the forum via a tablet

I don’t use tapatalk, i veiw Dirtriderz website on iPad. On landscape view the banner stays on top of the page and takes up screen size, on portrait view the banner goes away when you scroll up and you get a full screen. 

On portrait view the banner blocks the notifications and message icons and you can’t click on them. Neither of those issues are present when viewing the site on an iPhone. 

Maybe it me doing something wrong, first world problems I know! But it annoys me! ^_^

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Husky310 said:

Not to mention the banner on top of the page on a tablet.

Yes that’s another one , 

Not using Tapatalk , viewing from browser , just trying to type this reply, I lost this message twice , just trying to move the Curser with in the reply box has me navigated me off the page , very common issue 

I think I figured out your problems, Ipads are evil!

I'll let the crew know and they will put it to our tech guy. Anything else so they can do a few things at once????

Husky310 is correct in portrait view on an iPad the messages icon is hidden and you have to go to landscape . It’s been like this for a long long time .
There are other nuances but it takes so long to document them it’s all to hard . I use my iPad most of the time and Tapatalk but if I wish to post a ride pm I always use the web viewer as adding multiple members does not work properly in Tapa.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

You couldnt get a screenshot of what you are seeing could you?

We are sending all this onto our tech guy to have a look at .  Its probably just a formatting thing.  

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm not great with these things either, but down the bottom of the forum page is the word Theme. Click this and change it to the other option and see how that goes for you?

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback guys.  

You couldnt get a screenshot of what you are seeing could you?

We are sending all this onto our tech guy to have a look at .  Its probably just a formatting thing.  

Cheers

Portrait on iPad. Messages and notifications and user admin icon hidden / obscured

dc15c25f8ff1aab09105563c2405a131.jpg&key=0ebe958252a96c392e32e61f71dce5e4e438025375f8be81824f9f0b6bd5d72c.

Edit pretty much all the option menus in portrait mode are missing

Landscape on iPad. Messages and notifications and user admin icons in view / useable

4c99c1ff76b4bfaf604fc5a5cd265a48.jpg&key=0cfe5d75feba20b945f513bba93ea1b0aa5083b94bf3d5756a8df1c8f3d2e888

Other theme option is called mobile.

Please give that a try and see if it is formatted better.

• Like 3

Other theme option is called mobile.

Please give that a try and see if it is formatted better.

Yes !....      It works!   In the 'mobile'  theme in portrait the menu comes up to allow messaging and most (possibly all but I'm tired and cannot count ) other menus that are missing in portrait on an iPad. 

image.thumb.png.189a650bd77bccead0fb48c5cedb5867.png

cf8151540a78b17c180d5e78ba5d4a94.jpg

We have updated the custom skin to the latest version,

Could those who were having issues via tablets etc, please let us know if its any better now ?

• Like 1

Well there you go! I never even knew that theme thing existed. Everything seems to be working as it should.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Husky310 said:

Well there you go! I never even knew that theme thing existed. Everything seems to be working as it should.

Thats awesome mate. There is always something. When something gets updated, something falls off the planet in another place on the forum and we dont know unless told. When this latest attempted fix was done, a couple of other things happened which I have already noticed but we didn't ask for

• Like 2