2 2
Crusty350

Anodizing front forks

Hi everyone.

I'm planning on hard anodizing my front forks black on my 2018 husky 300. 

Just wanted to know if anyone has had there's done and also if they are supposed to coat the inside as well? 

Thanks in advance 

Never done forks but have had many parts anodized for work purposes.

Anodizing will coat the whole part inside and out unless it is masked. One thing to be wary of is that your part will grow in size by a few microns so if there are close fits they can be affected. Looking at my bike forks which are apart at the moment they have anodizing inside and out with a few parts looking like they have had a post machine to size.

Hard anodizing isnt available in all the colours like regular anodizing as it uses a different process.

You also need to be wary of the grade of aluminium that are used as the hard ano can have adverse reactions to certain grades.

• Like 1

Well I've taken them to a place in blackburn who has done quite a few forks and he was saying he hasn't had any issues with seals or anything not going in. 

I'm kinda taking his word for it. 

I will be following this thread. 

The anodising on my fork uppers is pitted, and the price I've been quoted doesn't seem to bad to get them stripped back and re-done.

I had a bike once with a bit of pitting on the upper fork legs ( between the triples )
My solution was to rotate the fork legs in the triples so you couldn’t see it and then once the headlight was back on it was gone!
I put some grease in on and around the pitting to prevent further pitting .
Love to know how much it costs though.
I’ve seen some pretty sad looking forks...

What’s your purpose for this looks or performance?

Because your bike is brand new

I wanted to do it on the ktm 350 but it just for looks mate.  I got quoted $100+get for the pair.

I also wanted to experience tearing apart a set of forks 

Talk to trac rite suspension he done hard anodising before he give you the in and outs

I ended up speaking to chads suspension because i had my previous bike's suspensin done by him. He was telling me that coating the inside and outside is what is meant to happen. I'll post up pics once there done