BearMX

Anglesea L1+ Monday 12/3

Posted this ride late Friday night after my desert ride was a non starter due to the heat. Being a long weekend I didn't expect much of a response but surprisingly ended up with 7 definites.

Sunday I decided a clean filter was in order after 2500 KM since the last clean and was surprised it was still pretty good but changed it anyway (road riding is great - bike / filter doesn't get very dirty). Seeing as I was working on the bike I got round to fitting my new stiffer fork springs (40kg to 65kg).

Monday early start, shower, breakfast, gear up and jump on the DR650 for the ride down to Anglesea. Perfect weather and had a short run with a DRZ400 SM along the way. Met up with the group at Anglesea; apart from Andy350 I hadn't ridden with anyone else in the group before. Everyone was on dirtbikes (no adventure or SM bikes and just to prove Dirtriderz aren't really crazy no sports bikes).

Group started 9 strong, after a good briefing with some good tips from old fossil who also volunteered for sweep (thanks) we started with Harrison track as an easy warm up and a chance to learn how to ride again for those who hadn't been on a bike in along time.

Track was a bit rougher than I remembered and whilst I'm in love with the forks now the stock rear is still tragically soft and a game of Russian roulette in trying to hit stuff at the right speed to just avoid bottoming which unfortunately didn't always work out with some massive kick backs and swaps along the way.

At our first major stop other than the dust the group were pretty much on pace and ready for the next level of tracks with a touch of sand along Alcoa boundary and red river tracks followed by the nice flowing and varying terrain Denhams track.

On the return loop we had a few skip the whooped Alardyce track and take the main road back to the cars. Alardyce is always a hoot, a couple cut loose and hit the super fast mode button with me cooking a couple of corners in exuberance and trying (and failing) to run with them.

After our pit stop at the cars we were down to 3 (hopefully more 3 musketeers than 3 Stooges) for a foray into the tight stuff. So much easier on the DR650 after my last ride there on the pumpkin in December but ground clearance and bike width meant a lot more care on obstacles (I managed not to break any blinkers or mirrors off but did tweak the gear shifter a touch). Tracks were neat and even though I took a few wrong turns we ended up in some cool areas I've never been before.

A great days riding and a great group. No injuries or breakdowns. Hopefully we'll do more of these types of rides and get some more riders out and about; it's too much fun to miss out on.

With the emphasis on having fun and riding I didn't think of taking any pics but Andy350 managed to get some of us (the 3 Musketeers) in an interesting clearing we came across

_IMG_2674.jpg.b17be09188b0ae500ee984a847e2e8ba.jpg_IMG_2678.jpg.5478c89a99f534c59fa837d2927cf821.jpg_IMG_2675.jpg.5d5a3e8039ca0220f5ac3e04347b3d6f.jpg

_IMG_2677.jpg

• Like 11

its been a long time since iv been onglad to  the bike felt to get back in the sadel again big thanks to bear and ants

for the ride great group of guys will be getting out more now great day lots of dust and fun glad to do the sweep

thanks everyone

• Like 7

This was my first ever ride with dritriderz and a big thank you to bear for organizing it, had a blast, loved it.
Thanks to oldfossil for sweeping and giving a few pointers. Sorry for the dust. Haha
To the gents in the group, great blokes.
Great day!
Thanks

• Like 8

Bloody great day on the bike thanks to Bear posting this ride.
Denham track is definitely one of my favourites in the area apart from dodging moon craters here and there. Thanks for your magic dust distraction trick Antz which tricked me into following you into a deep rut with a wall at the end which we both managed to survive.
Been a couple of years since I've ridden Anglesea and the afternoon loop introduced myself and Barclay to some new enjoyable narrow tracks.
Watching Bear pull away on Alardyce track on a 170kg Drz650 further proves the 80% rider theory.
Thank you for sweeping George and good to meet everyone hope to see you out there again.

• Like 8

Had a great ride, perfect weather minus the dust. First time on sand so that was a bit weird.  Great group of people. Do it again anytime. Thanks to all especially Bear 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, oldfossil 450 said:

its been a long time since iv been onglad to  the bike felt to get back in the sadel again big thanks to bear and ants

for the ride great group of guys will be getting out more now great day lots of dust and fun glad to do the sweep

thanks everyone

Great to have you back on the dirtbike mate! How did you pull up?

18 hours ago, MrNoodle said:

Great to have you back on the dirtbike mate! How did you pull up?

great noodles all good felt like I never been of it mate

Was a good day boyz.very dusty but still gpod 2 get out.do it again 4sure good bunch of blokes

• Like 1