1 1
walkahz

Suspension shim suppliers

Does anyone know the best place to buy shims for valving forks and rear shocks? I want to have a play around with a few settings on the bike but am unsure of the best place to source shims (possibly even in kit form)

• Like 1

Great post and question, I am eager to see responses too.

It's a pita trying to get suspension parts in Australia. I gave up years ago - one time i was after a shock bottoming cushion and the best i could get locally was a suspension shop telling me to buy a door stopper from Bunnings!

Honda does have a lot of suspension subcomponents available like shock piston rings, seals, bottoming cushions, bladders etc but not sure about shims. You need to do a bit of research to match up honda oz model suspension specs to your suspension; most KYB and showa components can be found on the Honda's. Ballards used to carry a lot of parts decades ago but not sure if mxstore has anything now.

Mail order from the US has just about everything - search the distributors catalogues first like parts unlimited, rocky mountain etc and then buy from an outlet like thumpertalk, mxsouth etc.

• Like 1