Mt Dissa L2 4/3/18 injury update.

Hi guys,

I'm still alive but have ended up in the Royal Melbourne and am booked in for surgery tomorrow morning.

I ended up with a ruptured diaphragm that has let my guts squabble for real estate with the left lung. My arm has torn into the sheath around the muscle. Amazingly no broken bones.

All things been equal I don't feel to bad.

My apologies to all for putting a dampener on the ride and many thanks to Adam for helping me out and patching me up.

I should have known better and backed off. I'm not 21 any more and obviously have the reasoning capacity of someone much younger than that.

Sorry again to mess up the ride and thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
12 hours ago, Goat said:

Hi guys,

I'm still alive but have ended up in the Royal Melbourne and am booked in for surgery tomorrow morning.

I ended up with a ruptured diaphragm that has let my guts squabble for real estate with the left lung. My arm has torn into the sheath around the muscle. Amazingly no broken bones.

All things been equal I don't feel to bad.

My apologies to all for putting a dampener on the ride and many thanks to Adam for helping me out and patching me up.

I should have known better and backed off. I'm not 21 any more and obviously have the reasoning capacity of someone much younger than that.

Sorry again to mess up the ride and thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Chris

Hey Chris

wow worse than we thought.    hope to see you out soon if youre allowed.....

goes to show that we all need to take it easy ....get a pressure suit mate but you certainly didnt let it bother you. it looked pretty nasty.

take it  easy

ADAM.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a quick update to let you know I have finally been discharged from hospital after what was a much longer stay than anticipated (11 days). No work now for at least 6 weeks.

The family have asked me to hang up the helmet which I will be doing so you can expect to see the toys come up for sale in the near future if anyone is interested.

One thing I have learnt out of all of this is that anyone out there on the trails needs to be licensed, registered (rec or full) and have ambulance cover. I'm sure 99.9% of you do, but make sure it is all current.  The ambulance trip from Kilmore to the City was just shy of $1800 (had I not been covered). The TAC are my saving grace in all of this (thanks to the rego) as without them things would have got a bit financially tough. Now we have a weekly income while I'm up on blocks. It removes a lot of stress.

To all;  thank you, ride safe, stay shiny side up and enjoy.

Regards,

Chris.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, Goat said:

Just a quick update to let you know I have finally been discharged from hospital after what was a much longer stay than anticipated (11 days). No work now for at least 6 weeks.

The family have asked me to hang up the helmet which I will be doing

Very sorry to hear about your injury, Chris. All the best with your recovery, mate.

11 hours ago, Goat said:

Hi All,

The family have asked me to hang up the helmet which I will be doing so you can expect to see the toys come up for sale in the near future if anyone is interested.

One thing I have learnt out of all of this is that anyone out there on the trails needs to be licensed, registered (rec or full) and have ambulance cover. I'm sure 99.9% of you do, but make sure it is all current.  The ambulance trip from Kilmore to the City was just shy of $1800 (had I not been covered). The TAC are my saving grace in all of this (thanks to the rego) as without them things would have got a bit financially tough. Now we have a weekly income while I'm up on blocks. It removes a lot of stress.

Regards,

Chris.

Hey Chris

sorry to hear of your stay in hospital.      And a sad way to end your riding career.    At least you're on the mend.    

Stay safe mate   

Adam

11 hours ago, Goat said:

Hi All,

Regards,

Chris.

• Like 1