2 2
dazzrmx

Dirtriderz do Romaniacs

I would just like to let fellow Dirtriderz know that we have 2 fellow members entering Romaniacs this year, Buzz and Mevstar. Hope you guys dont mind me blowing the whistle but I am proud and feel you guys should be also. Very tough event and wish you guys all the best - train hard and dont ride with Gumbys like me. Sincerely go hard and to just  finish will make me and im sure fellow Dirtriderz very proud. Have fun !!!!!!!

• Like 17

Well said Dazz!

A big shout out to Farmer Buzz and Wildwood Mev keep up the hard training guys you are going to do us proud 🤙

• Like 10

4 hours ago, dazzrmx said:

I would just like to let fellow Dirtriderz know that we have 2 fellow members entering Romaniacs this year, Buzz and Mevstar. Hope you guys dont mind me blowing the whistle but I am proud and feel you guys should be also. Very tough event and wish you guys all the best - train hard and dont ride with Gumbys like me. Sincerely go hard and to just  finish will make me and im sure fellow Dirtriderz very proud. Have fun !!!!!!!

I knew we wouldnt  keep this a secret forever, thanks Dazz!!!.  Just one of those bucket list things that I thought Id never do but when a good friend is going and the Mrs gives the green light, there aint no excuses left!!!!. I do owe thanks to all the people Ive ridden with and met through this website over the past couple of years for getting me to a position now where I feel I can have a crack at this. Mev and I are now starting to train pretty hard and basically just smash our bikes every weekend!!!. To say Im excited about July is an understatement!!!. 

Cheers Buzz

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Buzz. I wish you both all the best.....That certainly is one hell of a bucket list item...

• Like 4

Awesome stuff guys! i will be watching your progress and cheering you on every step of the way! if you want a bike that will get you to the end you can borrow my yamaha!

Really proud of you guys! What class are you entering?

• Like 7

Congrats on having the big ones to pony up and take on such an awesome event guys. The hard work you guys have been putting in over the past years will help with the skills needed and hopefully the thought of laughter and trailside banter will put you in a better place when soul destroying hills and slippery gullies have sapped all your strength. All the best lads and stay safe

• Like 5

I knew we wouldnt  keep this a secret forever, thanks Dazz!!!.  Just one of those bucket list things that I thought Id never do but when a good friend is going and the Mrs gives the green light, there aint no excuses left!!!!. I do owe thanks to all the people Ive ridden with and met through this website over the past couple of years for getting me to a position now where I feel I can have a crack at this. Mev and I are now starting to train pretty hard and basically just smash our bikes every weekend!!!. To say Im excited about July is an understatement!!!. 
Cheers Buzz

Nothing pleases me more than watching a Beta getting smashed up
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have been hoping to see one or both of you enter an international event seeing how you both train so hard. Fantastic news! Keep up the training and I wish you both well and every success!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, buzz44 said:

!!!. To say Im excited about July is an understatement!!!. 

Yep we are excited too Buzz  , we will be cheering you both on , what a monumental event to go to let alone compete as well.    Cant wait 

• Like 3

Good on ya fellas. I wish i had the talent and experience to attempt Romaniacs.
I ran into a plumber on site called Dean Fitzsimons who finished i think 7th iron class. Not bad for a bloke in his early forties,he said he was chasing three younger blokes with not much success but at the end of the day he finished the course and had a holiday afterwards.
Very Jealous
Best of luck

• Like 5

On 14/02/2018 at 5:19 PM, dazzrmx said:

Thanks Dazz & fellow members for the kind words and for a bit of inspiration think we're going to need it as we get closer to date.

Looking forward to Romaniacs nervous but keen at the same time just to complete the 4 days will be my goal.

Training so far has been fun  Buzz and I are always getting out of our comfort zone and pushing our selves to tackle the harder terrain or at least have a crack.

The bikes and bodies are feeling it but feeling positive see how i feel in 4 months time lol

Dazz I've been thinking about who would have let the cat out the bag,

I'm guessing your that mysterious bloke that walked into a Sunbury Bike shop few weeks back?? Lol

Thanks all I Hope the Good Friday Appeal Rides are continuing this year as it will be a good chance to meet up with all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I totally missed this thread!
That's absolutely awesome news gents - hats off to both of you for having the cahunas to give it a go!
It's one event that I make sure I watch each year and this year will be an even bigger priority!
Looking forward to following the progress in the lead to and during the big event!

• Like 4

Would be cool to be able to something for you boys,

Something custom, like jersey's or sticker kits..........

Kudos for giving it a crack boys!!

Epic

• Like 5