Goldentyre 216AA

12 posts in this topic

Time to replace the front tyre on my Sherco 300. Although I have zero complaints with the Starcross I am seriously considering the Goldentyre 216, anyone have feedback on pros and cons, wear etc? TIA

Have to say i'm also thinking about the fat front tyre also, seems to be the way MTB tyres are going

Graheme Jarvis uses Golden Tyre but i think he could use trolley tyres and still impress

Not sure about now? He actually had pirellis on the other week. They will ride whoever pays them the most. Gt have recently moved from shinko making them so i'm not sure where they are made now. Shinko makes the same 216 tyre now that you can buy,so another option.

I've used the fronts and found them good for grip but the side knobs broke off to easily for me, a paying customer. This really pisses me off when the middle knobs are almost still perfect,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Never used the bigger 90/100 as it looks to big for me so can't comment on it.I've heard differing reports on it, from great and poor.
  • Like 2

Graheme Jarvis uses Golden Tyre but i think he could use trolley tyres and still impress

Jarvis could win an Enduro on this bde24822308f79558bf685a4d2df4403.jpg
  • Haha 1

Yes he could but age will catch up eventually.

Roman beat him last weekend with Teasdale 3rd. Two young impressive sherco riders getting better and better each day.

• Like 2

Yes he could but age will catch up eventually.
Roman beat him last weekend with Teasdale 3rd. Two young impressive sherco riders getting better and better each day.

I'll have to keep an eye out for Roman and Teasdale. It would be an awesome feeling to overtake Jarvis. Not in my lifetime thats for sure.
  • Like 1

I'll have to keep an eye out for Roman and Teasdale. It would be an awesome feeling to overtake Jarvis. Not in my lifetime thats for sure.

Yeh for sure,not likely.
Unfortunately we have nobody in aus even near these top guys and no prospects that can challenge at these extreme enduro events to cheer on.
In silver class we have some great riders.
  • Like 2

I guess I’ll stick with the known Starcross. Never had an issue and it’s lasted through 3 rear tires!

• Like 3