1 1
Andy350

Inspiring Mini Documentary

Just found this pearler on Traction Erag. These two blokes are my new enduro gurus. Well worth a watch.

• Like 6

I’ve seen that before but really enjoyed a second viewing. I need to save it in my YouTube library and watch it every time I feel like I’m getting to old to ride. I once rode with a stranger who was the fastest guy of 8-9 of us. He was riding a lowered Kato 500 and was fast as hell. On the transfer roads I couldn’t believe how quickly he would disappear drifting through corners. Later in the day I found out he was a flat tracker from the 60’s and was 73 years young. After a few bourbons around the campfire I asked when is it time to stop riding. He said that most guys quit riding when their mates do. So if you like to ride you just need to keep finding new people to ride with. Wish he knew about Dirtriderz.

• Like 5

I just took my kids to training and joined in. I was feeling a bit inadequate ofter watching those two legends.

• Like 2

What inspirations they are.

Turning 50 this year and have just decided to get back into the dirt. I was wondering if I am too old ... obviously not. Hence here I am looking forward to joining some rides.

• Like 1

I like the idea of being better off spending $300 on fuel than $300 on bike bits, to make you a better rider

• Like 3

Had to laugh when Larry a throws rock in front of Paul in the creek, somethings never change and shouldnt. 

• Like 3

Had to laugh when Larry a throws rock in front of Paul in the creek, somethings never change and shouldnt. 

I think he says I should’ve thrown you a rope
  • Like 2

I'm 53 yrs I own a kato 300 I have a 3yr old daughter , yes I'm a late bloomer & yes situations financially have been challenging , I just fit a top end to my bike to sell.. After watching these legends I'm not selling any of my bikes road and dirt . Inspiration !!!!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phil 143 said:

I'm 53 yrs I own a kato 300 I have a 3yr old daughter , yes I'm a late bloomer & yes situations financially have been challenging , I just fit a top end to my bike to sell.. After watching these legends I'm not selling any of my bikes road and dirt . Inspiration !!!!!!!

Here, here. I still have my 96 KTM 360 which is in VGC and have owned since new. Every couple of years I fire it up but, the reality is I don't use it; just look at it. Why would I sell it? I'll get bugger all and it costs nothing to keep so who am I hurting?

The problem I feel is that as you age, if you let your bikes go you may never actually get around around to treating yourself to another one.  It's lovely to have the latest and greatest but you don't need it to enjoy a day on the trails and anything is better than nothing. I totally understand the family and financial challenges but if you can see your way clear then keep the Kato. (in my humble opinion).

• Like 4

Here, here. I still have my 96 KTM 360 which is in VGC and have owned since new. Every couple of years I fire it up but, the reality is I don't use it; just look at it. Why would I sell it? I'll get bugger all and it costs nothing to keep so who am I hurting?

The problem I feel is that as you age, if you let your bikes go you may never actually get around around to treating yourself to another one.  It's lovely to have the latest and greatest but you don't need it to enjoy a day on the trails and anything is better than nothing. I totally understand the family and financial challenges but if you can see your way clear then keep the Kato. (in my humble opinion).

Goat, I had that exact same bike and loved it. But, I would not ride it today because it was kickstart only. That’s just one reason but things are better now, spoil yourself and try s new bike. That helps keep me in the saddle. When your having fun, nothing else matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rwcfrank said:

Goat, I had that exact same bike and loved it. But, I would not ride it today because it was kickstart only. That’s just one reason but things are better now, spoil yourself and try s new bike.

You do have to have a reasonable leg I will admit. I bent a kickstarter in the first month (which was amazingly replaced under warranty). The consistently leaky Marzocchi forks are the gift that keeps on giving. None the less it served me beautifully over 2 seasons of Enduros and Hare Scrambles. Never (and still hasn't) broke down once and managed to change the colour of my racing number (which I then never competed with again). I'm very, very attached to her.

I actually also have a CRF450X which is what I have registered and am getting back on the trails with. Brand new in 09 and only has 27.8 hours on the motominder. I have been away for too long. I look forward to joining some rides as I don't know anyone since I moved down here and it is very dodgey for your health riding alone.

• Like 2