2 2
MrNoodle

TBRiders Out West ride, Sat 18th

Met the crew at the unload area, a quick yak, gear up and we are off to enjoy dust free trails with the recent rain........ and that's about my day done after about 8 kms, when my bike chugged to a stop. Plenty of trackside mechanics ready to help but we weren't able to get her going. TBRider dunk me back to the car (cheers mate) and I am back at the bike not too long after and bid farewell to the crew. Great off, load up the bike and............

My diagnosis is Injector needs a clean as I can't fault it now and might have just been a little blocked. Have a blast guys and ride safe

DSC_0017.JPG.0511a9198196659761477064ef4d379d.JPG

Also realised I lost the key to my canopy, drove really slow back to the car park we started at looking on the road as I sin a hurry I might have left it in the lock and found it there on the ground.

92bcda5c694692e89dc132aca17851fe.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Bad Luck Noodles. Always the way though.... Till next time mate.

Turned out to be a cracker day. Bit fresh with the early start. But warmed up quickly. Smashed out around 60kms in under 5 hours and back home to complete the list of chores and to beat the heat.

No dust until late in the day. A few slippery sections with the recent rain, nearly high sided it going through one bit but held it like a boss speedway style.....pure ass.

Deception Hill (for those regulars at Ballan) lived up to it's name and caught out the sweep. The first 6 of us got up the hill and I think it was richardg said, "why are we stopping." I said, "cause this hill always end's up with someone stuffing it up," and it did. All the hill climbs had heaps of traction.

Thanks for Cobraone for sweeping duties and Bear taking over the lead to take us down some sweet tracks. That man is a riding GPS that only has great tracks programmed in.

All in all a good day out to keep the km's up and to finish early before it got too warm.

Once again top bunch of blokes.

• Like 4

So Noodle still has not ridden Whipsticks and to top it off no longer has any love for me with my efforts to get his bike running :( - such is life

Just home so long day for me, ride report later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dazzrmx said:

So Noodle still has not ridden Whipsticks and to top it off no longer has any love for me with my efforts to get his bike running :( - such is life

Just home so long day for me, ride report later.

Nah all good mate, just the realisation that I had to go home and do gardening then do fatherly kids party duties, only just getting into a froth now

• Like 1

Okay yes it was me who stuffed up deception hill .thank God you dropped it once dazz I was feeling lonely on the dropped it side of things lol.bugger noods, next time hey.thanks to all.hey dazz your right dazz great couple of fast sections in the middle there what a hoot .cheers.

• Like 4

Whipsticks although not terribly challenging there are some tough hill climbs and some sweet flowing tight stuff. Everyone rode well and the ride flowed well, Richardg was keeping a great pace on one particular 3rd gear flowing tight track, followed closely by Cobra then myself, this was a hoot although at one point a tennis ball sized rock sailed past my helmet and was a bit close for comfort. At another point Bear pointed to an easy and hard option track to be followed, I followed Bear and not sure if anyone else did but came to a descent that I could not see the bottom of until the front wheel was about to drop in to the 40 foot steep drop, later we came back this way to climb this hill, to my amazement no one took the easy option and all got up cleanly - well done all. A good ride all done before the heat hit. 

Thanks to the leads TBrider and Bear, Cobraone and Antmor? for sweep duties. 

• Like 1

I must say it surprised me a bit to that all went up that steep descent and all did it easy ,awesome job done by all.

• Like 1

Yeah I've never attempted that uphill as I've seen some great riders come unstuck and I thought I'd have no chance. Yesterday though everyone didn't think about it, hit it and made it up with ease. Testament to the prime conditions, every accent had traction.

• Like 1

Great day out with a great bunch of riders!

Ride flowed along smoothly with no incidents besides noodles false start.

Probably one of the first rides ive been on where everyone was pretty evenly matched for pace, cornermen were almost not needed 95% of the time by the time you stopped there was the sweep right behind you waving you on.

Good flowing tracks with lots of bermed up corners for some MX style fun and a few tricky hills to keep you on your toes.

All done by 12:45 before the heat and storms set in and plenty of time for bike washing and house chores.

Thanks to all the leaders and sweeps for the fun morning.

• Like 4

Grouse ride, nice weather and a fine collection of gentlemen!

oh and now the $shit stirring videos I sometimes post, goofs,gags, stuff ups,   and all in good fun.... feel free to have a poke at me also!

will post some actual riding videos in the next 30 mins or so

• Like 3