1 1
cruiser

running on empty at Dindi

Raining this morning as I set off. But was not going to let that ruin a ride.

Six of us turned up and the drizzle stopped as we arrived at the unloading spot. we were quickly underway with Husky310 at the lead and Cujo sweep. A great mix of tracks and the day was going great. Dann got hooked up on some logs. Hurting his knee we took him back to the car and got him loaded up and on his way.

Back out down to 5. Some more great tracks then we popped out where  I said I would show them the Maze trk. I call it the maze trk because the 3 times i have been there i have gotten disorientated and lost the trk for a bit coming out in a different area. Anyway, today was no different. Took a right instead of  left and we were climbing up the back of erzberg. Was a great climb and now I think I have finally figured this trk out. It is worthy contender to be a staple part of the next Buxton/Murrindindi loop.

Got to the Hut and was on reserve. We had done about 75ks at this stage. Determined not to let a lack of juice spoil the fun we pushed on hitting a number of great trks. Rode up Cruiser trk today. Was a bit disappointed to see it had been chopped and changed to make it easier to negotiate Got within a 1k of the cars and I had tipped the fuel from one side to the other a couple of times and was now down to a couple of spoonfuls in the bottom of the tank. Needed to negotiate  a creek with a steep embankment. Didn't want to run out there so Sabo and Cujo gave me enough juice to get me over the line

With 95ks done by 2:30pm I had a great ride really needed what was dished out today.  A bit dusty in parts despite the rain.

Thanks for coming and sharing the day blokes. Hope its not serious Dann. Thanks for leading Nath and Cujo for sweeping.

till we ride again

cruiser

• Like 19

Thanks to Cruiser, Nath and Cujo for lead and sweep duties, was a good ride while it lasted (for me), had my mojo going for a little while there until I lost the front wheel and basically hit the deck doing the splits and twisted my left knee.

Just kicking back with a beer and an ice pack, a little disappointed and really bad timing for an injury but I've had worse, still better go to the doctor tomorrow.

Until next time...

• Like 14

yep great ride today! had a ball thanks for Nathan for leading and cujo for sweeping, hope all is okay with the knee I am sure Micky Martin will understand shit happens when you do sports and ride dirt bikes.

was pleased with my bike today after I did a full rebuild bike is still running so that's a good sign. would have been good to do a few more k's everyone except one was capable :P  bloody beta juice eater lol

Nathan who won the drive home? I tried real hard not to let you pass me :drz(7): 

until next time cheers 

• Like 11

Thanks cruiser for a great ride.

I was surprised how dry it was after all the rain on the way through Kinglake. The dust did start to rear its head in the afternoon.

The level of rider made the decision of this gumby to take sweep and easy one.

Sabo had a bit of trouble with his rear brake. Loosing them completely just before the long down hill decents. Top effort getting down safely.

Thanks again gents. Until next time.

Ps Dann I hope your knee heals quick

• Like 11

Day started with rain wasn’t keen to ride but by the time we got to the unloading area it almost stopped loaded up and hit the tracks was surprisingly dry out there drizzle from time to time which actually made the conditions better was a bit off at the start then found a good grove and started to push felt really good on the bike and had a blast smashing threw the tracks ,hope u pull up good tomorrow Dann and the legs not to serious big thanks to Nathan and cruiser for track selections and to cugo for sweeping another good group that moved really well enjoy riding that area until the next one 

• Like 10

Sorry boys I couldn't make it, added few psi to my tubliss last night and woke up to flat tyre, most likely I damaged it when changing the tyre.989be88f36881a3e25a1e2b7f10f29bd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

One ride in the last three months is nowhere near enough by my standards, so I was really looking forward to getting out for a ride at Dindi!

The day started with gearing up in light drizzle and it got a bit heavier, then disappeared, then came back for a while but after a couple of hours it cleared up.

We rode lots of tight tracks that had heaps of wet slippery 45degree logs, tree roots, ruts and rocks! Everyone was moving along nicely and the pace was good. We then came to a down hill narrow track. I got to the bottom and waited, it was the first time I’d had to wait for the others longer than 20 seconds so after I while I went back up to see what was going on. I assumed it was a bike issue. I met the boys about half way where I was told that Dann had done his knee. Luckily we weren’t to far away from the cars, so we got Dann out and back to the cars.

We carried on through some more narrow tracks until we got to the homestead, then Cruiser took over and we hit the maze track! The maze track was awesome and will be added to my loop! 

We kept going with me back leading and rode some more narrow stuff with a bit of open stuff until Cruiser hit reserve. We then decided to head for the cars along some more narrow stuff, Cruiser track, and some more narrow stuff. Cruiser ran out of fuel about 700meters from the cars. With some fuel borrowed we were back at the cars at 2.30pm with about 96 km done.

Thanks everyone for coming along, thanks to Cruiser for organising and showing us the maze! Thanks for sweep duties Cujo.

Dann I hope the knee isn’t too bad and your back riding asap!

BD7454F9-86F6-4659-A3A3-7CA269604829.jpeg

966645DC-4A4C-4829-BD64-B673B936A5A1.jpeg

AB5C45C5-AA3C-4D7D-A165-992A71728F3F.jpeg

91A5843C-78EA-4582-AF68-F8F40930E026.jpeg

3C6442DC-80E3-471C-961D-3B79CA0891B5.jpeg

FCE1186B-26D6-42CA-9010-7A5BA37A3FDF.jpeg

F686C5AB-C90B-4BBC-AEB8-31294394C72D.jpeg

EAA5F4FE-735F-45A8-B86E-E8CCB3E54A0C.jpeg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, ktm-sean said:

Nathan who won the drive home? I tried real hard not to let you pass me!

I think it was a draw! I did let you in on Boronia Rd though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruiser said:

wow some serious damage there marko.

+1   i've never seen that. Get yourself some more appropiate levers or a lighter hand,wow.

yeah I found the tubliss system harder than fitting a tube! you need to take extra care not to snag the high pressure tube and liner when changing tyres, but I guess its the price you pay for more traction, also I watch the video every time I go near the thing and never had an issue with them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Any update on the knee Dann?

2 hours ago, ktm-sean said:

+1

Can't give too much info yet but had an mri this arvo, won't know anything till Monday probably. Was on crutches yesterday but thanks to a nice cocktail of drugs I'm able to hobble around without them today. It doesn't feel like it wants to collapse when I stand on it so that's a good sign. 

• Like 7