2 2
fab

Cobaw from a different angle

Another great ride lead by the birthday boy and Cobaw king Dakota. He promised different and it was - a lot of tracks done in reverse and I even think he pondered which tracks he took us on. A contrast to his usual "this looks interesting lets see if we can make it up." He also controlled the pace and it meant we managed to ride all day to 4.30 and make the most of the day.

There were a few riders which had limited dirt bike experience, however they made us all look amateurs on the downhills. They were very fast, fluid and fearless. 

I was at the tail but I wouldn't say I was a good sweep as by the time I got to hard spots everyone was helping everybody else. Man of the match is the Hoff as he many times saved the day and I think its fair to call him the David Hasselloff of dirt biking. 

Did you know Cobaw had rocks and they don't move when you hit them? My radiator discovered that today as the bottom radiator hose glanced a sticking out rock as I rode past it. The hose being caught forced the bottom of my radiator to fold in however it didn't pop (phew!)

Today I also remembered to save a certain hillclimb. Many of you will know what this one is:

image.png.8adb5cb4663d9f6ea71363d0ea0860bd.png

See you on the next Cobaw adventure. 

• Like 10

Great work with the loop jase, backwards was good

nice relaxed ride,, I made it to the end. On gypsy’s advice I moved my bars one position forward ,, took half the day to get used to it but I think it allowed my arms to relax better when standing.

Nice 7 hour ride ,,, recorded my heart rate ,, maxed out at 170 with an average of 115 bpm.

that burnt a few kilojoules 

gr3at crew on this ride,, good attitudes ,,, 

I think someone used a “she wee” on this ride ,, just saying :huh:

• Like 7

Had an absolute ball, some new stuff I hadn’t ridden (has been 12 months since I last visited Cobaw) & some stuff in reverse that I remember, good laughs all round..... the “she wee” topic seemed to flow on through the best part of the ride.  I was a little concerned at the 1/2 way mark when Dakota was looking for some table salt.....Running on no water for the last 21/2 hours was a bit of a test when the pase pick up towards the end, overall a steady but fun pace set with only a few pinch areas that held most of the crew up 

thank you very much Dakota, well worth the 5+ hour round trip, already chomping at the bits for the next ride.

• Like 8

Start with a big thank's to Dakota, once again a brilliant ride put on by the master of Cobaw. Then there was Fab the man eating (Australian curry - dust) at the back sweeping, well done Fab. Had a great day out yesterday nice relaxed and calm, good to be riding again after a few weeks off. I've only heard of the young man kage, it was great to finely meet and ride with him.  Nasty had a good day out by look's of things. Great attitudes from all that's what leads to fun and banter.:D 

• Like 9

Bit of a scouting ride this one... achieved a few things, many new tracks ridden, and some link ups sorted for later..
Thanks to everyone that rode.
9 of us rode out..

Any how, a curizier ride than of late, for sure... but we still tackled some great stuff, hills, rocks, logs, you know, all the good sh1t....
And im not sure if it was "The Hoff" being a gentleman, and rushing to the cause,,, or if it was pure skill of some very new Girl Riders,,, but dam every time i looked over my shoulder, they where allocated a corner....

To be fair, I / we, stopped at a few "tricky" spots, thinking, better "man up here" and give the girls a hand.... be stuffed, they made it look easy.... (might have been scared of "The Hoff" helping again?? who knows?)

All ill say is,,, Top crew, Top attitudes, and if you ever read this, .. total respect, would ride with each and everyone of you again... and enjoy it.

Kage, mate, sorry... i was feeling the hours, and took a few "chicken tracks", i know you would have preferred the "whole show"... but did you see my tier???.. good to catch up again mate... we should do it again soon..

Fabs.... 3 out of 5 and you finished one... thanks brother for the sweeping,, always keen, always putting in.... respect...

Nasty.... we now know what rides brake you, and what rides dont.... lets get back out soon and push those limits... im sure you have done 2 or 4 of the last round, and always with a smile... Peace love and mungbeens,,, i promise to get you to average 125BPM next time.

Hoff... "The Hoff"...
What can i say,,,, the smile, the helper, "mr smooth" with the ladies...

Some of us are single ya prick, give us a chance..

Thanks all for a great few weekends,, and a great time on the bike..

See ya when im riding with ya..

• Like 9

Sorry Dakota for being a mongrel and not thinking of the single scene!!! I say ban the Hoff on these rides, he can only go play with the boys!! Now that my wife has read this I better go buy some flowers. B) Had a ball Jase thank's again.

• Like 5

Sold up,finished,kput,retired,moved on,taken up sewing and bird watching.

He is actually selling his piece of paradise so good luck to him in his future travels.

• Sad 1

Yea, I saw that he was selling his place.

Haven't seen him post on here in months, has he quit bikes as well?

2 hours ago, Pygmygod said:

Yea, I saw that he was selling his place.

Haven't seen him post on here in months, has he quit bikes as well?

Yes unfortunately. The mighty Jarvis Husqvarna 300 has been sold a while back now too

Great man and I for one wish him well.  Thanks for the great times Jase you're a legend.

• Like 5