3 3
PeteV

Avoca weekend rocks

Great weekend away at Avoca . Thanks to all the riders for coming and I hope you all enjoyed. No injuries or mech issues to slow the rides and everything went well apart from my gps fumblings . I've ridden Avoca a dozen times and it's a rabbit warren. It really takes time in the saddle out there to navigate without the GPS and so I was constantly checking our location to ensure we were on track at many corners . On Saturday Stickman bent his bars attempting to discover a trail ( after the ride) and around lunchtime on Saturday I got bitten by a bull/inch ant I think. I had a welt about an inch in diameter on my forearm after the ride Saturday from the bite . By Sunday morning my left forearm looked like Popeyes ! The welt is now 8 inches long 3 inches wide - red and tender to touch ! Better see the doc tomorrow I guess.

Avoca has great mix of trails from tight and technical through to open and flowing sand, to hardcore 5-700 metre rock /shale monster ascents that take 5 to 10 minutes to conquer ensuring your ride fitness and abilities are well and truly put to the test . We did a mix of this both days concentrating on the slower tech and nastier hills on Sunday. Unfortunately it was very dusty and I won't be heading back out there any time soon unless we get a good inch of rain the night before.
When we arrived back at camp Sat arvo there was a nice shiny ktm parked beside my car! Matty J had arrived and unloaded but was nowhere to be seen - What a good bloke - He'd gone out and cut a ute load of firewood for the nights tribal gathering. Thanks Matt - best fire I've seen since um , err the last time at Avoca!
Thanks Bruce for the Saturday post ride snacks - cheese and biscuits etc to go with our beverage of choice.

The fire burnt high and bright all night and was still burning when we got up in the morning.

What a great way to spend a weekend!

No pics on Saturday . I took a few on Sunday. I'll upload shortly

• Like 12

Firstly thanks for organizing the ride Pete,
It was great to ride with brucektmguy, stickman and Pete again, a few nice hill climbs and rocky creeks and jurassic park like tracks. Yes there was alot of dust on the transport but I just left a big gap for it to settle not a deal breaker for me. Loved the new hill you found Pete great challenge be interesting wet
Bruce those snacks you had sprawled across the table was impressive I'll camp with you anytime, Pete your late night camp oven cooked pizza was bloody beautiful think it may be a regular appearance now camping, stickman i was very impressed that you bring a spare pare of handlebars nice work mate, overall had a great weekend with Dirtriderz as always and look forward to the next 1
Cheers boys

• Like 7

Thanks for organising another great ride and getting me on to the MotionX-GPS app Pete. And thanks to everyone who turned up, a good catch up :)
This ride really gave me time to think how much I've improved and how far I need to improve my little gumby mistakes on occasion mostly due to fitness. If there wasn't any breaks to check out the map I don't think Monday work would happen ;p
I had a good time cruising around on the cool-down transport sections and then hitting the hills full bore both days. I think I'll be heading out there to practice steep hill climbs in future.
I've gained another great experience and hope to ride with you all again down the track :)

• Like 7

Your riding just fine these days Stickman. We did some pretty tricky hills and you got through them all easily enough. The one at the end of the day on Sunday was a whopper! Well done! I really don't think that one will be passable in the wet and that is perhaps why it's not ridden much. I guess we will see next winter!

On another note we ate our way through the weekend quite well... Along with the riding it was a bit of feeding frenzy .. Post ride snags , Saturday late arvo ride , Bruce's supper , Roast Dinner , Liquor refreshments, midnight pizza , bacon and egg sangas for Sunday breakfast , Maybe we source a 12 volt cappachino machine for breakfast next time or maybe as Bruce suggested we shorten the ride a little on the Saturday and visit the winery on the way back for all the wine buffs. Perhaps both !

• Like 7