Dann

Grand Final lvl3+ Dissa

Just like to thank Gypsy, Coggs and Buzz for putting this epic day of multi level MOTO heaven together, I for one had a great day and thank you guy's for all the effort you put in to make it happen. 

Buzz's 3+ loop was awesome, if we weren't climbing massive shaley hills we were smashing creek beds or negotiating severe off camber terrain and having the time of our lives, definitely one of the best rides I've had this year, can't thank everyone enough! 

Goat track was a cracker, borerline ridiculous, good stuff Buzz!

• Like 14

If my forearms still didn't hurt I'd post more of a comment. Top ride with top bunch off blokes. Thanks to everyone involved.

• Like 11

Awesome ride lead by Buzz at dissa. Great crew and variety of tracks. I was crook all week and doing everything possible to get up for this gf ride. My riding was a bit off but i still got through with only a few silly mistakes.
Big thanks to Buzz,Bayerj for sweeping and Gypsy for sweeping and organising this.
Thanks to everybody for the bbq,drinks and food.

Also a massive thanks to all the riders on both level rides that made the effort to support this and make it such a sucessful day,appreciated.
Now next year,new venue and did i hear 3 rides to cater for all levels? Sounds great.

• Like 16

45 riders do Dissa in style

6.30 I pulled into the unloading area and (Neerim) Mick was there making breakfast. He camped there the night. A quick chat and then the cars started rolling in like Bourke St.

The ride started a bit stressful as our much loved mate Sink had problems with his new bike and had to drop out after driving 3.5 hours. Then firemen Shane (STM) hurt his leg literally 300 metres from taking off. toysrus pulled out because he drove down with Sink so we lost 3 good guys in 5mins .

Bayerj & I started off sweeping together and 2 men on a corner got to the first regroup and things started to look positive, the ride was (cracking) flowing good 🤙

Halfway through the ride we had another mishap with (Wildwood) Mevstar cutting his forearm on a branch and blood pissing out like a tap.

At each regroup I kept telling (Farmer) Buzz we are running late need to be back to meet the lvl 2+ riders for the BBQ at 3 o'clock, so we kept moving. Turns out my clock was 1 hour fast and by the time we got to the top of swamp hill where we had decided earlier we would head back from there, we still had another hour left Lol.

Buzzes face lit up with a big smile and said we are doing the Goat track.

Highlight of the ride for me was Rocketman (Habs) smashing 3rd gear hill with such speed and the 2 stroke on the pipe all the way to the top didn't back off one bit.

Massive thanks goes out to Buzz and Coggs for putting in so much time out there preparing the tracks and pre riding them during the week to make sure they suited the levels.

Big thanks for the helpers on the lvl 2+ ride and thanks for those who chipped in and bought something for the BBQ and most of all big thanks to all attending and making it such a good day.

So now the hunt is on for a new forest for next year and yes there is talk of maybe running 3 rides with lvl 2 3 and 4 to try and cater for more riders.

• Like 16

45 riders,awesome.

We would of had over 50 riders to, pity a few pulled out or didn't show.

Next year 50+

• Like 7

45 riders,awesome.

We would of had over 50 riders to, pity a few pulled out or didn't show.

Next year 50+

Yes that is a very poor effort, 2 guys to not show and didn't have the common courtesy to let me know, I feel bad for the guys I knocked back because the ride was full.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Big shout out to all involved I have never been able to get on buzza  disa rides but wasn't going to miss this one I was watching the weather forecast all week hopeing for no rain with brand new tyres in the shed the weather gods were kind to me tracks were great flowed really well creek sections sorted a few out early then the hill climbs were testing with a heap loose rocks group moved well got to 3rd gear hill stuffed it up the first time then smashed it the second of to swamp hill come around the corner to find carnage every where people trying to go up people coming down people upside down not naming names.                                 (ktm sit down Sean )Whilst waiting for a clear run out of the corner of my eye I see a single line that look to good to be true they way  I see it up is up but in all serious to see such a great turn out hats of to all involved can't wait for the next one 

• Like 11

We'll all I can say is wow!!!!! What a great loop Buzz has put together, it's a cracker.
So thanks Buzz for leading and I'm glad that after soo many time trying to get on the ride the stars finally aligned !!
Great bunch of riders to head out with and tackle the terrain, awesome mix of fire trail, overgrown fire trail and hilly 4wd tracks. I particularly liked the hill with the skeleton of a failed 4by attempt.
Great climbs and I was happy with my ascent on 3rd gear hill, had it dialled in perfectly for that one.....swamp hill got the better of me and I gave up electing to take the chicken track to save energy.....the really wet tracks were awesome full of slippery rocks and logs and ledges, lots of spent looks on riders as we all persevered.

The goat track is ridiculous and I got smacked with a rather severe quad cramp half way through holding up the group which for me felt like an eternity, thanks Dan for some salt!!!!

Thanks to Gypsy for the organising and keeping up all entertained in the lead up with great banter, thanks to BayerJ for sweeping all day and not complaining at all.

Also was great to see the people on the 2+ ride all looking satisfied after the ride and kudos to the BBQ and beer people, all fantastic blokes and great community attitudes.

Andersons garden camp area I reckon had 40 cars parked in it with campers almost on top of each other(not in a good way) and heaps of cars everywhere !!!

Overall I had a great day, wish I rode better but hey that's how it went!!
Thanks again to all leads sweeps, organisers and food and beverage people.

Until next time!!!

Cheers

• Like 13

I had a good chuckle while I was sitting near the bottom of swamp hill, everywhere I looked on that hill there were people either trying to take off or picking there bikes up or turning around. It was a perfect moment for the Benny Hill music. 

• Like 10

Super super enjoyed this ride .

Had to put in a big effort to make this GF Friday ride and gee it was worth it.

I really enjoy Buzz's Dissa rides , they have everything and this time Buzz brought more.

The new creek track was a winner and the goat track was difficult and a real test of skills 

I really enjoyed riding with everybody on the ride , it so so good to watch the talent of all these great riderz nailing the terrain and obstacles. 

And when they were all layed over on Swamp hill that was even better.IMG_0276.thumb.JPG.f36d69bf7a670fccf12b66858bd014f2.JPGIMG_0278.thumb.JPG.d1c19a2f2bba2a0cd9cf3e31442c8582.JPGIMG_0296.thumb.JPG.e53e675aa74a213838d77e0da6a2264a.JPGIMG_0311.thumb.JPG.d3035512e868edc065397ceb11926427.JPGIMG_0283.thumb.JPG.c8105a8eca22ec0663a8a5feeec11821.JPGIMG_0298.thumb.JPG.b3b07f9dcf762bae884b7dc95b54e145.JPGIMG_0288.thumb.JPG.b12885a9b8a008f246344b091375bd13.JPGIMG_0327.thumb.JPG.7fffb5fb923f8726c70394588dac29fe.JPGIMG_0305.thumb.JPG.19af1b2137497009624ac7768183778d.JPGIMG_0293.thumb.JPG.3cc86ef88f8a4cff24af2d052195dcdb.JPGIMG_0315.thumb.JPG.07c3628e7a9bd3388d93831145bd53b9.JPGIMG_0321.thumb.JPG.6fd649c4e2071282ad660ce201f57b38.JPGIMG_0285.thumb.JPG.500da494198af8ed6c62b45f5ac87855.JPG

Will do my thank you's later

• Like 15

great pics Chris - havent done that hill (rocky bastard) in ages! (dont miss it!)

• Like 3

great pics Chris - havent done that hill (rocky bastard) in ages! (dont miss it!)

Yeah one of my favourite climbs, I call this one Hamburger 4 with the old truck chassis half way up.
  • Like 1

yep, it used to be the final climb before a series of transport tracks to take us to the Stratch Creek pub on the old pub rides we used to do - became known in those days as rocky bastard!!

• Like 3

yep, it used to be the final climb before a series of transport tracks to take us to the Stratch Creek pub on the old pub rides we used to do - became known in those days as rocky bastard!!

Yeah spewing strath creek pub has closed down, was a good feed there and you could get fuel from Nextdoor aswell
  • Like 2

they did the best "aussie" parma!

there was an article in the media mid last year about a local family buying it and doing it up - cant seem to see any sort of update though...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hoff300 said:

I didn't pull out!! I was just a weak little man, that ended up having a soft weekend at home

Hey Hoff I think you're on to something with the fuel discussion we had at Neerim. I used BP 95 and the bike ran like an absolute dream, thanks heaps for the suggestion mate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dann said:

Hey Hoff I think you're on to something with the fuel discussion we had at Neerim. I used BP 95 and the bike ran like an absolute dream, thanks heaps for the suggestion mate 

Yeah it's still a little bit wacky to me, but I'm interested in how it goes, BP 95 for me as my bikes running well. But remember I'm not quite right!!:drz(1):

• Like 2