macca

Kinglake L2

What an awesome day. My best day on the bike for years. Thanks everyone that came along & shared it with me. Rode mostly pretty easy trails with a couple of challenging hills. All flowed well except for a couple of hic-ups with corner man but as everyone sat & waited things were sorted without losing anyone. Conditions were near perfect with dry grippy tracks, a few puddles & a short shower early in the arvo. Thanks Steve & Chris for sweep duties & helping out those in trouble. Esp Steve for dinking me HALFWAY up a hill after I walked down to help out but wasn't needed. It was great to meet some new riders & catch up with some already known. There was only 1 minor mechanical issue with a 2T not idling. A carby clean out & new plug got that sorted quick enough.

Can't wait to get out again after 6 months off.

Macca

• Like 7

I had an awesome day, very rusty to say the least, and i WILL be sore tomorrow. Thanks to all who helped me when i was looking at the pretty rocks on the floor, and mud and water and every other time i came off, getting the bike on and off the ute too. Looking forward to doing it again. 

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks Macca for putting this ride on, and welcome back on the bike. my first ride at Kinglake and well worth the 1 and a half it took me to get there over some pretty windy roads....might have to go back there on my road bike one day.

Good bunch today. Good to see people having a go at hills that were challenging.

Thanks Steve for sweeping most of the day.

• Like 4

Thanks Macca absolutely brilliant ride. Even that narly hill we ended up having to go back up was fun. And thanks for the making me stay for the last leg and sharing your lunch with me. Super pumped your back in action with your new suspension

• Like 1

Cheers macca!! Good to have you back and looking forward to the next one, glad the time off hasn't slowed you down, nice loops you took us on.

Where are the group photos? :mellow: