1 1
mick

GIPPSLANDERS !!!

So how many Gippslanders have we got here on Dirtriderz???

Surely theres got to be more than just a few of us. 

Common!  CHIME IN and lets get a few rides happening , so many great riding spots out here, surely theres a few potential Ride leaders  just waiting to show off their loop :sorriso-02:

• Like 6

Great post but the only area I'm kind of familiar with is your back yard Mick, always happy to lead a L2 for L2 riders:D

When my leg is fixed that is!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, badger66 said:

Great post but the only area I'm kind of familiar with is your back yard Mick, always happy to lead a L2 for L2 riders:D

When my leg is fixed that is!

Bit over neerim, same old stuff, even the new stuff is getting chewed up :(

• Like 1

Get into tanjil mate. We used to ride there are it was awesome. There was one hard pack clay hill covered in leaf litter that was that long and slippery and was so much fun. It was amazing and tough work.
Would love to get back and find it. It was a 80km loop.

• Like 3

Got secret loops stashed away Ripperz? 

Got a fair few around neerim but I'm assuming u riding the same as me out there anyway, still trying 2 sort out my glenmaggie loop, heading back down there grand final Friday to have another search n add some bits in then I'm going looking out Erica way found some mint tracks there the other week. I'm hearing ya with neerim tho joints getting pretty chopped out atm still good fun tho n nice n close 2 home. Im happy 2 lead, follow, sweep dnt mind aslong as I'm out on the bike it's happy times
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ripperz said:

Got a fair few around neerim but I'm assuming u riding the same as me out there anyway, 

i dont ride any of the old stuff at neerim anymore , got my 70klms loop, but i think the faries have moved on too ,the new stuff just gets hammered to quick .  Been doing the glenmaggie a bit too  now my young bloke can keep up in the tougher stuff,  keen to head down there after Buzzes GF ride

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cluffie said:

Get into tanjil mate. We used to ride there are it was awesome. There was one hard pack clay hill covered in leaf litter that was that long and slippery and was so much fun. It was amazing and tough work.
Would love to get back and find it. It was a 80km loop.

Did some of that old loop a while back , some deep ruts out there, and some new stuff too

• Like 1

Bit over neerim, same old stuff, even the new stuff is getting chewed up

You need to come and ride some tracks with your brothers from the west

6 hours ago, Ripperz said:

Got a fair few around neerim but I'm assuming u riding the same as me out there anyway, still trying 2 sort out my glenmaggie loop, heading back down there grand final Friday to have another search n add some bits in then I'm going looking out Erica way found some mint tracks there the other week. I'm hearing ya with neerim tho joints getting pretty chopped out atm still good fun tho n nice n close 2 home. Im happy 2 lead, follow, sweep dnt mind aslong as I'm out on the bike it's happy times emoji482.pngemoji482.png

We'll do that pub run from Cowwarr soon before it gets too dry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

You need to come and ride some tracks with your brothers from the westemoji106.pngemoji108.png

Im coming to Dissa in Two weeks , 

Its usally a 2.5 hour drive to get anywhere out west for me,  spend more time driving than riding :(

Got a fair few around neerim but I'm assuming u riding the same as me out there anyway, still trying 2 sort out my glenmaggie loop, heading back down there grand final Friday to have another search n add some bits in then I'm going looking out Erica way found some mint tracks there the other week. I'm hearing ya with neerim tho joints getting pretty chopped out atm

Not too many riders that know neerim and glenmaggie better than Mick. Blue rock to Erica has a good 100+ loop but unsure what the wooden bridges are like atm. I'll be going back there soon to check it out and make sure the pub is still doing a good half way feed
Mirboo is a great little gem that I'm still finding new stuff at all the time. Turtons creek is also another little treasure trove if yr prepared to put in the time and look.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mick501 said:

Blue rock to Erica has a good 100+ loop but unsure what the wooden bridges are like atm. I'll be going back there soon

I did see some vids from FB awhile back , Bridges could do with a bit of maintenance,  some stuff looked like it hadn't been ridden for years

I did see some vids from FB awhile back , Bridges could do with a bit of maintenance,  some stuff looked like it hadn't been ridden for years

I went for a quick arvo run last month & some stuff is getting overgrown, some of the makeshift bridges are in a 'OMG close ya eyes' sort of condition & are really starting to fall apart.....
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kage said:

I went for a quick arvo run last month & some stuff is getting overgrown, some of the makeshift bridges are in a 'OMG close ya eyes' sort of condition & are really starting to fall apart.....

Seems only a few locals ride out there , which is good i suppose. 

• Like 1