3 3
Gypsy501

2018 KTM/HUSQVARNA TPI 250/300

Bloody hell Cluffie, I feel your pain. Looks like you drowned it pretty bloody good.

Ouch I know that hurts - I've done it twice on low hour/wear engines :(

Bloody hell Cluffie, I feel your pain. Looks like you drowned it pretty bloody good.

It's actually not my bike but your right,pain indeed for the owner.

Anyone got any up to date experience on the 250 or 300 tpi??

Love them? Hate them? Good? Bad??

Im curious ..... which could mean expensive 

• Like 2

I know @RustyO has ridden one and said it was a pretty good thing (coming from a 500 lover). @woodsy300 has one and has just clocked up 12 hours. @Gypsy501 is the man we need to chime in. I reckon it will be my next bike (won't happen for ages but you've got to dream!)

• Like 3

On 5/7/2018 at 6:58 PM, MrNoodle said:

I know @RustyO has ridden one and said it was a pretty good thing (coming from a 500 lover). @woodsy300 has one and has just clocked up 12 hours. @Gypsy501 is the man we need to chime in. I reckon it will be my next bike (won't happen for ages but you've got to dream!)

Hi all 15 hours on my 18 tpi now and only getting better that vid of the bike reving at different rpm mine does not do that just holds smooth rev but mine is stock with nothing adjusted not even the idle speed or mapping I’ll put up a video if I can to show you all if I can work out how to post one up just did the Kenda rally and although it’s not a race I came in after the first loop and was the 5 riders back out of 450 odd riders and a lot of the boys up front were into it and not holding back as I was also but safely and curtesy of other riders no issues with the oil tank as the problem was fixed with what I’ve been told in the 2nd batch of bikes brought out to aus the front tyre from new is a bit washey but that’s an easy fix I put a new back tyre on before kenda a geo 52 and it halls well as it’s my go to tyre .the plastic on the sides also mark easy from leg rub compared to my 06 Ktm 300 it’s got good fuel economy around 6 ltrs for 90 km ruff maths yes spark plugs are 45$ at my local dealership and only got 4 which arrived late last week as there was a wait I booked one but haven’t picked it up just for a spare I hope I don’t need it any time soon lol at that price I’ve also read the owner manual who does that haha but any way a couple of things out of the book people may not know first is different altitudes so you start the bike run it for a second or so then shut it off for five seconds before restart that tunes itself very important I believe 2 is the idle is very important not to muck around with it changes how the bike can run at different revs not just idle . When I got my bike it would just idle and was tempted to take it up but after running it in for 5 hours it’s perfect still low but does not stall ,, the overall is a massively upgrade from my trusty never let me down 06 thas far although I still have the old o6 when I hoped on the old girl again the vibrations were very noticeable :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Re drowning above, has anyone had experience de-watering a drowned TPI - any harder or easier than a carburetor bike to get going again? Cheers, Simon J.

Hi all 15 hours on my 18 tpi now and only getting better that vid of the bike reving at different rpm mine does not do that just holds smooth rev but mine is stock with nothing adjusted not even the idle speed or mapping I’ll put up a video if I can to show you all if I can work out how to post one up just did the Kenda rally and although it’s not a race I came in after the first loop and was the 5 riders back out of 450 odd riders and a lot of the boys up front were into it and not holding back as I was also but safely and curtesy of other riders no issues with the oil tank as the problem was fixed with what I’ve been told in the 2nd batch of bikes brought out to aus the front tyre from new is a bit washey but that’s an easy fix I put a new back tyre on before kenda a geo 52 and it halls well as it’s my go to tyre .the plastic on the sides also mark easy from leg rub compared to my 06 Ktm 300 it’s got good fuel economy around 6 ltrs for 90 km ruff maths yes spark plugs are 45$ at my local dealership and only got 4 which arrived late last week as there was a wait I booked one but haven’t picked it up just for a spare I hope I don’t need it any time soon lol at that price I’ve also read the owner manual who does that haha but any way a couple of things out of the book people may not know first is different altitudes so you start the bike run it for a second or so then shut it off for five seconds before restart that tunes itself very important I believe 2 is the idle is very important not to muck around with it changes how the bike can run at different revs not just idle . When I got my bike it would just idle and was tempted to take it up but after running it in for 5 hours it’s perfect still low but does not stall ,, the overall is a massively upgrade from my trusty never let me down 06 thas far although I still have the old o6 when I hoped on the old girl again the vibrations were very noticeable  

Before uploading the vid to the forum page you've got to upload it to your youtube channel
Once uploaded to youtube all you do is copy and paste the link hit enter on the drz page and it embeds the url link

Hi all 15 hours on my 18 tpi now and only getting better that vid of the bike reving at different rpm mine does not do that just holds smooth rev but mine is stock with nothing adjusted not even the idle speed or mapping I’ll put up a video if I can to show you all if I can work out how to post one up just did the Kenda rally and although it’s not a race I came in after the first loop and was the 5 riders back out of 450 odd riders and a lot of the boys up front were into it and not holding back as I was also but safely and curtesy of other riders no issues with the oil tank as the problem was fixed with what I’ve been told in the 2nd batch of bikes brought out to aus the front tyre from new is a bit washey but that’s an easy fix I put a new back tyre on before kenda a geo 52 and it halls well as it’s my go to tyre .the plastic on the sides also mark easy from leg rub compared to my 06 Ktm 300 it’s got good fuel economy around 6 ltrs for 90 km ruff maths yes spark plugs are 45$ at my local dealership and only got 4 which arrived late last week as there was a wait I booked one but haven’t picked it up just for a spare I hope I don’t need it any time soon lol at that price I’ve also read the owner manual who does that haha but any way a couple of things out of the book people may not know first is different altitudes so you start the bike run it for a second or so then shut it off for five seconds before restart that tunes itself very important I believe 2 is the idle is very important not to muck around with it changes how the bike can run at different revs not just idle . When I got my bike it would just idle and was tempted to take it up but after running it in for 5 hours it’s perfect still low but does not stall ,, the overall is a massively upgrade from my trusty never let me down 06 thas far although I still have the old o6 when I hoped on the old girl again the vibrations were very noticeable  

Glad your loving the tpi woodsy.
Apparently atm ngk are making the tpi plug specificly only for ktm and you can't buy it elsewhere. In a year or so you will supposedly be able to buy it through any ngk agent and the price should reduce so you can have a few spares in the toolbox.
  • Like 3

On 5/14/2018 at 10:51 PM, woodsy300 said:

I believe 2 is the idle is very important not to muck around with it changes how the bike can run at different revs not just idle . When I got my bike it would just idle and was tempted to take it up but after running it in for 5 hours it’s perfect still low but does not stall ,, the overall is a massively upgrade from my trusty never let me down 06 thas far although I still have the old o6 when I hoped on the old girl again the vibrations were very noticeable :) 

I have a 250 TPI done 20hrs on it, only issue has been the idle. Steep downhills have to give throttle else it would stall all the time. I initially thought it was my riding style coming from a 4 stroke but having to give throttle on an efi bike didn't make sense.

Fix it by adjusting idle with butterfly valve stop instead of idle air bypass screw which gives it more fuel at idle. Gives the bike more go off bottom and stopped the stalling. Adjusting idle this way is how its done on ktm 4 strokes. Apart from that bike has been great.

• Like 3