3 3
Gypsy501

2018 KTM/HUSQVARNA TPI 250/300

What are people's thoughts on the new 2018 250/300 KTM/HUSQVARNA 2stroke?

What do you know about them??

Post up here any pictures or reviews?

1 minute ago, Gypsy501 said:

Hehe

you will be the first to have one

Sorry, i couldn't resist mate.  i'll go grab some popcorn and view with interest. :drz(77):

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cluffie said:

Sorry, i couldn't resist mate.  i'll go grab some popcorn and view with interest. :drz(77):

Lol

This guy doesn't really tell us much and he seems to be picking his words very carefully. Also he is riding in terrain that doesn't really give us much and that any bike could handle easily. 

Keep it coming,we need more.

Bike looks very nice though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cluffie said:

+1

21 minutes ago, cluffie said:

This guy doesn't really tell us much and he seems to be picking his words very carefully. Also he is riding in terrain that doesn't really give us much and that any bike could handle easily. 

Keep it coming,we need more.

Bike looks very nice though. 

100% spot on Cluffie.

Im keen to ride one, probably more a 250, but would hate to buy the first of them to find out they're duds.

• Like 1

Not yet Gypsy! As the man said in the video, it lack's a little at quarter throttle and top end wasn't quite right. You need to ride 1 to make a decision, they cost to much to get it wrong. Then there's are they reliable being the first 1.

No spooge to be seen. Be interesting to see what the fuel economy is like and how much oil they use. I'd expect them to get a 100km range easily and probably 120km would not be unrealistic,as a well set up carby bike can achieve this in a normal ride. They should be very similar to the 4t range for economy with no fuel being lost out the overflow now.  :drz(76):

8 minutes ago, Scottland said:

100% spot on Cluffie.

Im keen to ride one, probably more a 250, but would hate to buy the first of them to find out they're duds.

Everyone was saying that about the 17s with the new motor, frame and forks and they have turn out to be good bikes.

I think these new 18s are going to be awesome imo.

7 minutes ago, cluffie said:

No spooge to be seen. Be interesting to see what the fuel economy is like and how much oil they use. I'd expect them to get a 100km range easily and probably 120km would not be unrealistic,as a well set up carby bike can achieve this in a normal ride. They should be very similar to the 4t range for economy with no fuel being lost out the overflow now.  :drz(76):

Stop it Cluffie, im sold

• Like 1

2017s have turned out okay now everyone is learning about the jetting awesome bike to ride, I'll eat my words.

Hey maybe I'm just jealous as I can't afford a new bike, I'm riding my last bike now.  

9 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Stop it Cluffie, im sold

No more fuel absolutely pissing out and running off the rear guard like a tap when you drop it on a hill.  2,3 or 4 times of doing this and you are hitting reserve soon after. The mikuni is like a bilge pump when you drop the bike on the left hand side,lol.    

How good is that Gypsy?

20 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

I think these new 18s are going to be awesome imo.

Frame this statement and put it up on the wall.

16 minutes ago, hoff300 said:

I'm riding my last bike now.  

You and the bike will be around for years yet hoff.  We are all having to much fun to stop,great crew out there atm and good sweep riders are hard to find.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cluffie said:

You and the bike will be around for years yet hoff.  We are all having to much fun to stop,great crew out there atm and good sweep riders are hard to find.

I will be out there a while yet, I have so many parts to keep me going and having to much fun.

• Like 2

" Does fuel injection really improve the 2018 Huskvarna enduro bikes"

It sounds bland to me - without the 2 stroke hit might as well buy a 4 banger.  

2 minutes ago, dazzrmx said:

" Does fuel injection really improve the 2018 Huskvarna enduro bikes"

It sounds bland to me - without the 2 stroke hit might as well buy a 4 banger.  

The enduro guys are  not after that big hit , there after smooth tractor able power.

I understand this Gypsy but as said, might as well buy a 4 stroke. You guys are just getting too old and want everything easy .... back in my day........

1 minute ago, dazzrmx said:

I understand this Gypsy but as said, might as well buy a 4 stroke. You guys are just getting too old and want everything easy .... back in my day........

Smooth power and soft suspension

new generation dirt bike riding Dazz,lol

• Like 2

Four strokes are a fair bit heavier Dazz, in feel and the way they ride also. The weight of a 4t is top heavy also which is a bitch when you have to pick it up after you drop it on a slippery steep hill.

In my opinion there going to be a good thing remember this is ktm and they have to much relying on this transition to fuel injection not to have tested this bike in every way I think they will definitely feel different in there power delivery more so like a 4 stroke but with still enough agresive power at the flick of the clutch and depending on riding conditions and throttle usage  u would expect to see at least 130k fuel range the only thing that worries me is that when it's at it's leanest conditions of oil mixture u will not see the amount of hours out of a bottom end that were used to on the carbyed 300s but no more hours spent on jetting no more altitude changes or temperature changes causing running problems so to me I can't wait to ride gypsy if he gets one 

• Like 2

Engine rebuilds will probably come more into line with the manufacturers service scheldules. Atm only serious teams and racers adhere to these scheldules and most people are able to stretch these times to well beyond the recommended service scheldule and still get away with it.  Maybe different times,more money,more finance and more often updating will be required and thus more profits for manufacturers and bike mechanics.