Ghost Rider

Rain x for plastic

I have been using this on many wet rides and noticing when everyone's goggles are off mine are still on .

Stockmans rally last year was a good example of this , it rained the whole time .

The longer you can hold off wiping your goggles with a rag  it will last longer till the end of the day.

I spray some on outside of lens, give it a light wipe over , leave it a few mins and buff it with a soft cloth , best done night before ride .

A while ago I disliked riding in the rain from poor visibility .

Now It does not bother me , I would prefer to ride in rain than dust.

On sale at Supercheap till 2/7

also Castrol chain oil spray $10 per can

IMG_8650.thumb.jpg.867b187e9b730999b084cef5c97a3c44.jpg

• Like 7

ive used it - goggles still fog up if its really cold and damp

tried that cat crap stuff as well - goggles still fog up if cold and damp

4 minutes ago, Sabre said:

ive used it - goggles still fog up if its really cold and damp

I only use dual lens goggles from now on.

They only fog up when I am sweating or got moisture on inside .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5EXC said:

I only use dual lens goggles from now on.

They only fog up when I am sweating or got moisture on inside .

I just bought a dual layer lens. Out of curiousity do you clean the inside of the lens at all? 

1 hour ago, fab said:

I just bought a dual layer lens. Out of curiousity do you clean the inside of the lens at all? 

I've pretty much only ever ran dual layers and whilst I try to avoid wiping the inside I do so from time to time. most of the occasions would be when I'm at home gearing up for a ride I MAY dampen a tissue and give them a quick wipe before drying them with a dry section of the tissue, then occasionly on a ride I might wipe them - usually as a result of having them off whilst stopped and letting rain get on the inside... in that situation i just use my goggle rags - which for me are strips of old face washers that I carry......

if and when they fog they will generally unfog quickly once you start moving although i tend to just flick my thermo fan on and hold them behind it for 5-10 seconds and they are perfect (works just like your windscreen demister in a car!)!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 5EXC said:

I have been using this on many wet rides and noticing when everyone's goggles are off mine are still on .

Stockmans rally last year was a good example of this , it rained the whole time .

The longer you can hold off wiping your goggles with a rag  it will last longer till the end of the day.

I spray some on outside of lens, give it a light wipe over , leave it a few mins and buff it with a soft cloth , best done night before ride .

A while ago I disliked riding in the rain from poor visibility .

Now It does not bother me , I would prefer to ride in rain than dust.

On sale at Supercheap till 2/7

also Castrol chain oil spray $10 per can

is the Rainex "Plastic water repellant" new?

I have a little bottle of the original stuff in my kit but found it did stuff all - am assuming by your post Chris that the "plastic" one is much better!

1 hour ago, 2t4me said:

s the Rainex "Plastic water repellant" new?

I've been using it for about a year.

It wont stop fogging on the inside 

it just makes riding in the rain or drizzle more visible for a longer period of time without wiping. 

• Like 2

You need to coat the lens in your preferred product, let it sit for a few minutes then repeat, I use this method with Scotts anti fog and have never had a problem with fogging.

• Like 2

On 21/06/2017 at 2:24 PM, 2t4me said:

is the Rainex "Plastic water repellant" new?

I have a little bottle of the original stuff in my kit but found it did stuff all - am assuming by your post Chris that the "plastic" one is much better!

Same here.  5 years ago spent like $30 on original RainX for my goggles,  it made smearing and stuff worse.   Afterwards I read that it was pretty useless until you hit at least 60kmph to move the moisture.

Will definitely give the new plastic stuff a go though.  

• Like 2

I've been using the dual layer goggles for a while and I wouldn't go back. 

Fab I'd never dismantle them and clean the layers but occasionally I have had to wipe the inside because of a small amount of mist or rain getting in after I've taken them off. I use a microfibre towel and it's been fine although I have noticed some light scratches on the inside lately (After about 12 months) . 

I've been using a silicone spray on the outer lense which seems to help the water to bead off, I'd give this stuff a go though. 

• Like 1