crfadam

Led light bars

Hey guys wondering if any of you have got led light bars on your bikes?

What size?

Where ya get them from?

What ones work for dirtbikes/wont work for dirkbikes?

Ive got an idea for my bike i want to play around with, removing the stock light and making up a mount for an led bar to sit in the stock light surround/number plate

My advice is leave the stock headlight and invest in a good helmet light, it won't be blocked by fenders and you can look around/not blind incoming traffic.  You can get some on ebay that pack a good punch for about $30, and you can use it as a torch once you get over trying to ride in the dark.

If you are set on a light bar get one with 10w LED's and larger optics, anything else tends to be bright up close but fall short on distance.  Also look for LED's with a lower temperature than 6000k, ideally 5500 or lower but they are hard to find.  Otherwise it will be bright but everything will be a pale white and it can actually cause eye strain and fatigue

• Like 1

I put one of these on , heaps are on Ebay , I got 4 of them for $35   2 spot and two worklight 

I ended up using the spot beam and it was brilliant :D I used it at same time as standard headlight and it was a great improvement.IMG_8640_edited.thumb.jpg.af1079918652296e0806f86a099337c7.jpg 

Just make sure you connect it to separate wiring to the headlamp or else they share the power ,

I hooked it up to the unused indicator wiring and switch . 

It only weighed 250 gramsIMG_8641_edited.thumb.jpg.6cd699f796f7be403096d6ca1c0bb884.jpgIMG_8642_edited.thumb.jpg.9efe8b015fea1ac4f624a28bee6714b8.jpgGOPR4509_edited.thumb.jpg.3c8f6aedcece4c2068c37e2180aa18b8.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome thanks for the advice guys
Ill sus out ebay
I more or less want to just change the look of my headlight without going after market