The tell us about the most "epic" ride you have been on competition
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Geoffro    4,765

The guys at MotoPartsExpress have thrown some FREE stuff at us to give away in a comp.

Simply bang on the keys and smash out a bit of a story (in this thread ) of the most "epic" ride you have ever been on. (

The mods/admins will pick one lucky winner in a Months time, and announce on here.

Goodies will include,

A set of front and rear brake pads

A brake and clutch lever

Fork bleeders

Front sprocket

Oil filters x2   ( obviously only a bonus for 4T owners )

That is about $150 worth of goodies up for grabs

Thanks MPE for FREE stuff.

• Like 6

Cammo300    811

Well Im no good at typing up stories but rather put it into a video, this was a recent ride down in the otways which is an adventure I wont forget quickly

• Like 5

Geoffro    4,765

Yeah thanks for the video..

Only typed out stories from here on in thanks guys

simonj    78

My Epic Ride - 1979 (not 1989 as I originally posted...!)

...No mobile phones or EPIRBs back then...

Apologies to those that I've bored with this story before...but it was a memorable ride...!

The newspaper article below tells most of the story - but actually we got lost because it was snowing heavily and we missed a turnoff ... then it got dark and one of the bikes ran out of fuel. By this time the snow was so deep we weren't making much progress anyway. We tried to light a fire but it was impossible, and the snow was too deep to ride, so we abandoned the bikes and set off on foot in the dark back the way we'd come hoping to find the hut we'd passed earlier in the day. We walked through miserable conditions with snow and sleet for maybe 6 hours praying we didn't take a wrong turn in the dark, but eventually found the hut and knew we would survive for sure.
The hut isn't there anymore, but it was a welcome sight when we arrived there on foot exhausted and freezing cold, at around midnight.

The photo of the hut was taken on our next ride up that way, after the snow had melted ....
Cheers, Simon J.
PS Contrary to what the newspaper article said, we would have made it for sure! The plan was to stay at the Mt. Terrible hut the second night and then walk down to Jamieson the next day. We were getting a bit hungry though....

Cheers, Simon J.

Lost1978 002.jpg

Lost1978Hut 001.jpg

• Like 13

Geoffro    4,765

And the winner is Simonj

Please pm me with some info, bike, year, model..  name and postal address..

Congrats and thanks for going to the effort mate!!

• Like 1