1 1
Geoffro

Has anyone bought an old dirt bike or plan on buying one

Just wondering if anyone on here has bought an old school bike lately, or if anyone is planning on doing so ????

6 minutes ago, orangeboy said:

why, do you have one for sale at a ridiculously cheap price ???

Lol, no mate, i have sold most of mine in the last 12 months....

Just trying to keep this sub forum going, and genuinely interested in the old bikes and who is doing what with them..

I still recon my Suzuki RM 125 N was 1 of the best bikes i ever owned & have had thoughts of buying 1, but just never got around to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle said:

I still recon my Suzuki RM 125 N was 1 of the best bikes i ever owned & have had thoughts of buying 1, but just never got around to it

Ahhh yes, i had an RM125N 79 model, bulletproof bike!

They pop up for sale from time to time mate

my regular crew have rm 400' t's ,  rm125n's , yz250h's etc. etc  and race them . i have wanted to get one but for the money they spend i haven't yet bitten the bullet as it ends up around $ 5000 for a good resto bike

• Like 1

Just now, eagle said:

I had a 84 KX 125 & it had 1 of the best motors going!!

I had an 83 KX125 and it too had a strong as motor!!

Am also about to start restoring one

I would like to find a restored yz 250 s but have more important things to spend the coin atm.

• Like 1

Restoring an 81 XR500 at the mo.

and also a 78 RM50 - impossible to find plastics for - still have the old plastics so might have to get a professional to try and bring them back to new.

• Like 1

Have just bought a TT600R Belgarda 98 in Sydney. 13,000 km, Ohlins Legs and in good nick 

Plan to get back to VIc after the winter and ride the highcountry 

• Like 2

IV got an early 80's it175 in the shed I plan to clean up one day. It only comes out 1 or 2 times a year when I camp at a family farm and always fires up straight away. Always surprised at how well the motor goes, easy to see why they where so loved back in the day.

• Like 1

Just now, lez said:

IV got an early 80's it175 in the shed I plan to clean up one day. It only comes out 1 or 2 times a year when I camp at a family farm and always fires up straight away. Always surprised at how well the motor goes, easy to see why they where so loved back in the day.

Nice one mate!

You got it registered ? show us some pics

DSC_0186.thumb.JPG.54fd7d8528623f62ecd42139a88e56db.JPG

How old is old ?I bought this about 2 1/2 years ago , the motor had a full rebuild along with most bearings in the rest of the bike, i also put a pwk airstriker carb on which made a huge difference to the rideability of the old girl.Its done plenty of rides in the last couple of years and is probably getting close to time to do the top end buts its a great trail bike.Its a 1998 Bert Food import wr250z, basically a 1997 yz250 with lights and a wide ratio gearbox and a compliance plate.

• Like 3

I've an old Suzuki ER185 like the one pictured, rack n all. Going to give it some love shorty and use it to clear/make trails on a mates private property. It'll carry a chainsaw and few extras plus be good for the wife to putt around on. Would love to buy an old XR400 again and tinker away at it. 7a113ae6f457e037e098d57d8b7fa612.png&key=a4baa62cf6741ffc212be922c9002453516eca70a16e31e946686b636f0fc4d6

• Like 2

Got a few Hondas, '73 XL 100 bushlanders, 82 CR 125, 82 XR 80, 200,250 and 500 matched set, 82 XL 250s and latest resto project is a 1968 ct90 lightly crashed Christmas Day 1969 and hardly ridden since. Damaged headlight and speedo but everything else is mint. Barn find locally for a slab. Then I am also restoring my XD falcon I got my license in 34 years ago!  

• Like 3