5 5
PeteV

Beginners and L2 and L3 Anglesea Feb25

Thank you all for coming today and doing what we do best...

Ride :)

Thanks to Fro, Geoffyboy and Noods for organizing and putting on the bbq and Geoffyboy for cooking up a storm along with whoever gave him a chop out on the tongs and setting up yesterday.
Thanks in particular to Geoffyboy for coming out purely to bbq and anyone else that may of came purely to say hello or help with the bbq? It was very much appreciated by everyone.
We were a bit slow in get going yesterday with a few riders showing up late. We split the group into three levels beginners, L2 and L3.
Dazzrmx kindly offered to lead the beginners ride which freed up Noods to lead a L2 and myself a L3 all rides hopefully a few + bits in them to keep everyone entertained.
We ended up with
10 in beginners
21 in L2
14 in L3
Thanks to Dazzrmx and Noods for leading and Habs and Cruiser and anyone else that swept or helped someone in need throughout the day .
Here's a few pics4bb65954413d06ff151256c1fbed4473.jpg

a02cfb563e0ad3bacdc0ffa90fe769e7.jpgb97e6e996a377a0b9ac8b032f3c6038d.jpg

06e9fe357900beb8201527300eb920bb.jpg982becda198b4208bf55bfa5af610040.jpg95ea99e5bed9bc0932920b259f67a15f.jpg6d44a8ec88fc3800866d4cdb2903eb04.jpg
  • Like 21

Thanks Petev for leading and Habs for sweep. Sorry to all the boys that i mite have pushed them harder then they could go.  Sean hope u can get the bike fixed. And Chris hope u heal fast.

Was good to c some old faces and some new 

• Like 12

Great day out. i'd like to thank everybody involved today for making the day such a success. Thanks to the leaders,sweeps,riders,cooks,food suppliers.

An excellent turnout with cars,trailers and bikes everywhere which required 3 different ride levels to be catered for,learners,level 2 and level 3. Conditions were dry but the dust wasn't as bad as i expected on our lvl 3 ride with only a minimal distance required to give a clear view most of the time. We had a few holdups with a puncture repair,a broken down bike and a few people taking soil samples but we all got back safely. Personally i had a few gumby moments, firstly running into a sticking out tree branch that spat me off and then i ran into a large rock on a hillclimb with my expansion chamber that stopped me dead. i think my eyesight is going,lol.

Great to catch up with everybody and there was alot of new faces, which is awesome to see. 

• Like 18

Only half a day riding for me today after waking up at 4am and not feeling that good so decided to send the pm saying not coming, woke up 9am feeling good and what else to do then go to Anglsea and join the second loop. Arrived there around 12pm and went for a quick 23km loop by myself and back to the car around 1pm with lunch waiting, perfect timing :P. Second loop 8 of us and me sweeping, dust everywhere so decided to keep big gap between the rider in front of me so I can see where I`m going, soon we did come a cross some huge hills, they looked scary but fun, 2 riders decided to go back while rest of us straight up that scary hill with no problems. It was one of those hills when you look at it looks scary but once you on it and get up you think what happen to that hill :blink:. On the way back to the cars the pace was fast riding trough dust, was thinking if the bloke in front of me falls then I`m in trouble, there was parts where I could not see a thing but luckily back to the cars in one piece. Was a short day for me but great fun even with all the dust, thanks for organizing the ride boys and big thanks for the BBQ, 

Only few photos:

THE SCARY HILL :D

P2250360.JPG

P2250366.JPG

P2250368.JPG

P2250356.JPG

P2250355.JPG

• Like 20

What can I say, awesome guys-awesome ride.

Meet Peter at Moriac, along with others - quick meet & greet & off to meeting point.

Dust was here to stay, just driving to the meeting point & thinking yep it's dusty!

Turned up, heaps of other riders there - saw a few familiar faces, Habs, Husky310 & Marko in the arvo  - soo good to catch up with you guy's, been tooo long.

Unload & ready to rock, decided level 3 was for me - with fearless Pete as our leader & Habs for sweeping.

Blasting through the S.T - going f... yeh to myself in my helmet - 3 mishaps for the day, 1 puncture, 1 broken Husaberg  & 5exc-f taking a tumble in the air!

Otherwise all good, thanks for leading Pete & Habs for sweep & BBQ for lunch Noods - those dimmie's went down well:)

• Like 18

Gotta say i was so dark watching everyone ride offf.
But what a turn out.
Looks like everyone had a blast.

And thanks to the massive generosity of members. There was just over $450 raised for Tazzy's family.
Big thumbs up guys and girls.
The community is fantastic.

Looking forward to the the rest of the ride reports..

e2c36a9896a940872939c43a3243434c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 25

Days like today remind me of the reason I love bikes! Haven't been on the bike much over the past 12 months and I think this year I must make an effort to get out more often. Thanks everyone for their efforts today for putting on helping out and attending the days festivities! Pics to come later when I can be bothered going through the gopro footage....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Got to hand it to the ditiderz community. We know how to organize a ride on multiple levels.

From the fantastic BBQ to the organized rides held on the day. All running like a swiss watch.

My first ride for a few months. So played it safe and helped out on the beginners ride. Well it would of been a beginners ride only no beginners were on it. They ate up everything we threw at them. The logs, the ruts, the fantastic dust and everything else in between. Smiles all round. Especially me, when my body allowed me to ride like I had never stopped.

Great day. We should run days like this more often.  

• Like 26

Had a very enjoyable day today with the dirtriderz crew. As always a good turn out and thanks to all the leads and organisers, the members that committed their time to just come along for a catch up and to cook BBQ lunch for everyone great stuff and it's great to be a part of this forum.

The rides I went in today were great, I hadn't been on the bike for almost 3 months and jumped on the L3 rides plus the afternoon edition also.
Some nice terrain covered a few bike issues for some along the way but hey it's all part of it .
Some challenging hill climbs for some today made for great viewing at ones.

The end of the arvo ride moved quite quick through the scrub and it was a whole lotta fun. Can't wait till the next one!!
Fantastic to see so many new faces and catch up with some peeps I haven't seen for a while.
I managed a few pics but not many.
e2d2bb01391f8ffb5095c82c75d7afdf.jpg9837c618c45d2242ef296b994cb96c19.jpg1c47a6e3ac9d833e2e741efbc9c2c03e.jpgb7aea7d222ff9a87f6e047a30c3ffa88.jpga81657e87c515c113e15a0a779ee4e4c.jpgc9df7fc362f7d1014738bfe2aab9aee7.jpg97d354e1f47c65bba42393c0f6f84c32.jpgb174da98e35e43e100ba1ea4d711843e.jpg

• Like 19

Great day out , was great to catch up with the many friends I have made thru Dirtriderz and to see and ride with many new faces .

Thanks to the leaderz ,swepz and organizerz of this one ,big success in my books.:happy-02:

I was pretty happy with my riding today except for my big off half an hour from the end of the first ride,

Don't exactly know what happened .

The only thing I could conclude was that my front tyre glanced an exposed root that made the front wheel turn and tuck under at speed and slammed me and the bike along the track for about 12 meters.

My shoulder and hip slammed the ground pretty hard and I was slightly winded .

Thanks to all the guys that attended to me , appreciate it heaps.

I stayed on the ground for about 5 mins for some recovery.

Slow sore ride back to the carpark .

Icing and rest for me for the rest of the arvo , no second ride today:(

Lots of swelling just below the hip which I iced on and off on the 2 hour trip home.

Thanks for the beer Vince and the ice pack ( the Ice pac I have given to Pete as he is a lot closer to you)

Thanks to Pete for the great leading and Habs sweeping our ride.

Thanks to the BBQerz and providers of meats ,chocolates and dimmies.

Hope to ride again with some of the newer riders on some of the Royal Children's Hospital appeal ride at Easter time.

A great event and a good fundraiser we do for the kids.

• Like 19

Start with a very big thank-you to everyone that helped organised today's ride, 3 different ride groups to keep everyone happy, perfect. I jumped  in on Pete's ride, well done Pete on leading a great action packed ride and Habs on sweeping. Lots of dust out there today, so it was a little wise in some spots to leave a little gap. Nathan that 450 of yours doesn't like Anglesea at all, Chris that off that you had I thought we'd be calling for a meat truck and off to hospital you would go, I hope your okay that was big. Myself had a great day out and very happy with the work that Chad from Chads Offroads has done on my rear shock. Also great to meet many new faces, and it wasn't so bad seeing the ones that I know!!!:drz(1):Sorry silly joke.

Thanks for the BBQ, Dirtriderz is a great place for Me.

• Like 19

Turned up to meet place early and as the pack grew l thought wow this is like turning up too a race meeting - so many bikes/ riders. This was my first attempt at officially leading but was assured all would be ok and with Cruiser jumping on board as sweep l felt a little more re-assured. With 10 riders we rode away hitting a combination of tighter, open and  deep sandy tracks trying to keep it balanced as speeking to the crew some were loving the the tight stuff while others the more open sand. Everyone rode well and we only did a few U turns with concerns we had hit Level 2 territory, l think the hardest thing for me about leading was trying to keep in mind what a begginer might find daunting and avoiding it. Once back at the cars there were a few riders keen to hit a bit more so we re-launched hitting level 2 terrain and a bit of 2+, well done guys you are ready for level 2.  Thankyou all  riders that attended the begginers ride, it was a pleasure meeting you all. Also a big thankyou to Cruiser for sweeping most of the day and giving me a second confirming opinion at times re-assuring me in my thoughts. ( he is a grumpy bugger sometimes though :P

The lunch meet and greet was a total success and banter was applenty, thankyou to the chef (Geoffboy)

I felt that l had burned about half my energy quota and contemplating another ride sussed out the half a dozen or so boys going out were looking for a fast paced ride and hitting the famed hillss. Now some 35 years ago l conquered these three mothers many times but also remembered many broken bikes left in the bottom of the valleys never to see daylight again. ( very, very hard to retrieve) Nervously l mounted my steed and we set set off, well after a very cruisy morning l had to quickly adjust my riding style and was loving it. So we get to the start of the hills, all engines switched off and a group of riders spend a few minutes contemplating, these hills look daunting and we are only looking at the first of 3. Noods is the first to descend into the valley and we all watch on and after a couple of minutes he is at the top, now one by one the others follow - well done boys. Looking at Pete l can see he is getting the same vibe as me (sometimes you can look at a hill tooo long) and we both decide to leave this one for a day when feeling a bit  younger and backtrack our way back.

Thankyou Geoffro, Noodles and PeteV for your efforts - always appreciated

Dirtriderz - what a community   

• Like 16

Great reports and well done to all involved who made the day the success that it appears to have been!
Shout out to all the leads and sweeps - in particular Dazz, I reckon leading a beginner's ride, especially when you haven't scouted it out previously, is one of the hardest things to do... As he pointed out it's a knack making sure you don't get carried away and inadvertantly step it up past the intended level so well done mate..
(And yes, senior citizens such as Cruiser can get a bit grumpy so extra credit there as well mate!)

• Like 11

Thanks to the organizers, and well worth the trip from Warrnambool. Great to meet new members and put a face to forum names. Thanks to Noodle for leading the level 2, with the terrain being perfect for the level.

Can't wait for the next one.

dtrdz1.jpg

dtrdz2.jpg

dtrdz3.jpg

dtrdz4.jpg

dtrdz5.jpg

• Like 15

Being my first dirtriderz ride on a new bike in a new country after a year off all I can say is YES. Had a fantastic level 1 ride in the morning learning to read the new terrain and familiarizing myself with my new bike and old body! Dazz and Bruiser thanks for easing us into the day and slowly increasing the speed and difficulty, it was perfect. If I didn't know better I would have thought you spent days planning the route. Bruiser I appreciate the clear concise communication and fully understand the corner man concept. Admittedly, I did get caught up in the ride a few times and brain farted, wont let that happen again. After the morning ride Dazz and Bruiser took a few of us out to look for a hill climb which was my first real taste of "riding in the bush." It was an eye opener since all I saw was what looked like dense overgrowth and the end of the trail but apparently thats not the way its done here so we soldiered on. It was the end to a perfect day!! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the best day riding I've had in long time. thanks to (not %100 sure who) for the BBQ and help on the trails. I will definitely be back and looking forward to meeting more of you. Thanks Gary for the inside info on the Sherco and Paul for the chocolate surge for the ride back home ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 15

Awesome day guys. Reassured me about selling my fourby to get involved in this community. Best decision. Thanks to dazzrmx/cruiser for leading us on the right path, and make the experience epic. Cheers guys and will definately see you all again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Awesome day out as always and great to see so many new faces and catch up with some of the old.

Thanks to all involved leads,sweeps,BBQers and all those that donated money your work and efforts are what makes this forum the great community it is.

• Like 10

Thanks to everyone that was involved in organising the day, minding the camp site and cooking lunch, much appreciated.

I had a horrible day on the bike, couldn't even ride up a hill ffs!! Then I get kicked off line on a tighter track and a tree takes out the left hand side radiator shrouds and radiator guard! 

Hoff the 450 likes Anglesea, it's the muppet riding it that's the issue! 

• Like 13

(And yes, senior citizens such as Cruiser can get a bit grumpy so extra credit there as well mate!)

I think I was the grumpy one yesterday... Cruiser was laughing at me getting edgey.
  • Like 5

The plan in the beginning was a beginner ride but chatting with other mods we decided to see if we could put 2 levels of rides on and have a bbq lunch. With PeteV volunteering to lead the harder ride we posted it up and the dirtriderz community came out in numbers and generosity. Being able to put on 3 rides was a dream that could have only been better if it happened in the middle of winter with wet tracks. 

I met about 15 odd riders at the servo and we convoyed down to the unload spot to be greeted by an amazing amount of cars, bikes, trailer, horse floats and horses scattered all over the bush. I unloaded a bbq and dims to be looked after by Geoffyboy, a quick meet and greet then I kitted up, warmed the bike up and Pete started the ride briefing. Dazzrmx so generously donated the lead ride for the beginners ride so as to free up myself to lead a level 2 ride and PeteV taking the reigns and leading the level 3 dirtriderz. Sweeps were volunteering for all levels and their generosity made the rides flow so well and fixed any cornerman problems!

Level 2 Ride

There were 21 of us taking off for a good sample of what is on offer at Anglesea. Sandy soils and sweet trails started the day. I stopped in the middle of the tracks as I was wondering if I was over stepping the level 2 but I was met with some pretty happy riders and reassured everyone that to take every obstacle at their own pace and plenty of help was their as well if needed. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves so I headed for a little play hill for a little bit of carnage and success combined. The hill is actually harder this time of year with the surface being a mix of soft dry dirt and pebbles with not a lot of traction on offer. I struggled my way to the top after watching some interesting attempts and a few laughs from the crowd going on.  We headed off through the good stuff till we headed out to take on the famous wide open fast sand tracks that Anglesea is known for.

5d7f3c500d47d57c1d83cf3f4d229034.jpg

2eba388c5042c9adc1b6f5c8c58c2df4.jpg

The first wide one we took on is one of my favourite tracks at Anglesea. Lots of throttle and sliding for quite a few kms and no corners to drop a cornerman till the end of the track. At the end of the track Kurty wasn't to far behind me grinning. As the group regathers I chat to everyone to see how some of the newbies to sand dealt with their first experience and a few of us offer some pointers and tips to help them on the upcoming tracks. We head  towards the power station,  back to Peregrin and then finally along Allardyce with  a couple of regroups to check everyone is ok. I had a great little duel with Kurty along here with him roosting me plenty. The general vibe in the group was great as 3 peeled off to go and sort the BBQ and we tackled some more of the good stuff including a nice little sand loop that I dropped the bike on, twice with lots of witnesses!

f584eb0a98628ca71d57142721d299e2.jpg

c73b06d4288664d272e4b5e4132830ca.jpg

885523cad2908d0dbc1a1e43002545aa.jpg

c3468eaa586ba217ffe46c41e79f7830.jpg

0faf1fbcd9055e5688f378cf4b77c5b8.jpg

b2cb5031dee5d515a81646de3ea3ea3d.jpg

fbb1b29e9a7ae1c671e8c0a86f9983c1.jpg

Heading back towards the cars I stopped for a nature break with about half a dozen riders with me and another group of us about to join us. I jump back on the bike to split up the dust and this is where we lost a cornerman. Unfortunately no one stayed on that corner. I was none the wiser and was dropping riders on corners across about a 6 odd km trail all the way back to the cars. The very last cornerman was Kossy and we were having a great chinwag discussing heaps of stuff when I realise no one was coming and we had run out of riders! Some of the worst thoughts started running through my head that there had been an accident or a head on but after riding back down the track, almost the full length reassuring cornermen to wait there, I caught up with the lost riders and they now had a dream run ahead of them. premo trails with all corners manned and a dust free track to ride all the way to lunch!. Egg was running sweep now and I let him go in front of me so he could have some fun while I swept the ride for the last bit picking up his bashplate for him as well.

Lunch was spot on and a great group gathered to talk all things dirtbike, dirtriderz, spin a yarn or 2 or just catch up with mates both new and old. With Dazzrmx's generous offer to lead the beginner ride I had to make sure their was going to be an afternoon ride so 2pm came round and we had to be back at the cars by 4pm so PeteV got us pumped up and we headed out again.

Arvo Ride

8 of us headed off into the good stuff which I haven't done in a year or 2 and eventually Pete navigated our way to some old friendly hills. I haven't been here for a couple of years and they are always evolving but look more impressive than they actually are, well in summer anyway. The downhills are harder then the uphills but fun nonetheless. 2 guys turned around as they needed to get back and we pushed on with MR300 taking over leading.  A times the dust was thick but it was so fun. The remaining 6 riders were having an absolute blast with not more than 10 seconds odd on a corner, it was pretty much just tokenism dropping a cornerman. The hardest part being the cornerman was fitting in between Marko sweeping and the rider in front of him! We were flying and following each other closely as it was easier to see past the dust. At times the dust got thick and you had to crawl for a bit till it cleared but then you would be back on it and chasing each other in next to no time. It was a hell of a lot of fun with massive smiles as we arrived back at the cars.

2f3e15791e810e26f12773e5c3d95963.jpg

69f61e9b81e4d532a089cbae40be9c1b.jpg

dfb7427013070bfa5193a7b57eb69d99.jpg

A massive thanks to all those who attended making this one of those great days in the bush. Thanks to those who just attended to help out and be a bit of company around the bbqs. Thanks to the sweeps and other lead riders for helping out making these rides great and sharing your tracks with us all.Can't forget those choccies, cheers Cobraone. A massive thanks to Geoffro, who although couldn't make it due to the passing of 2 family members, was still the  driving force behind the day and organised the donations for forum member Tazzy and donated the BBQ meats for us to enjoy. 

If you still want to donate to Tazzy you can on the link below. Thanks again dirtriderz

https://www.gofundme.com/to-support-tazzys-partner-and-kids

• Like 21

5 hours ago, rwcfrank said:

Dazz and Bruiser thanks for easing us into the day and slowly increasing the speed and difficulty, it was perfect.

Hey rwcfrank, this is Bruiser the chihuahua in the movie Legally Blond.

I can see how you easily mistook Cruiser for Bruiser

Bruiser-Represtation-400PX.jpg.6a2c388b6467a59b7ce22bff3d3d26e0.jpg

We all know the reputation of a Chihuahua

• Like 14

Massive thanks to the DirtriderZ mods for organizing this ride, including Geoffro, MrNoodles, Geoffyboy and also all the willing members that are always there to help us newer riders. So many to mention but you know who you all are! 

At one point I thought I wasn't going to get a ride this weekend due to changing circumstances but glad to see this one posted for the Saturday.

Along the way to the meeting point in Moriac the excitement grew as I caught up with a few riderz at the BP nice meeting you Riles and Cluffie with family.

Then on the way to Moriac my garmin sent me to a dead end road where I made the mobile phone call to PeteV who guided me to Moriac - leading drives as well hahaha

We got to Moriac and there were a few familiar faces and some new - great to see you all!

Off we went and wow what a turnout. I haven't seen that many DirtriderZ gather before...

IMG_0279.thumb.JPG.7437bc644063fee13cdf4f8b52088fe2.JPG

I met with a few riders and that's when the excitement began...

IMG_0282.thumb.JPG.60bdeed803d56c56508f39e95d27509c.JPGIMG_0283.thumb.JPG.bd40c54ee453726e910a9fc052d14392.JPG

I was wrapped there would be a few level rides, normally it's one big ride but this time we had a few options which catered for a variety of rider abilities - so I jumped on the L2 ride.

Once we all got geared up PeteV, GeoffyBoy and MrNoodle gathered the group to explain what was to come... there were smiles aplenty

IMG_0284.thumb.JPG.4b9783ee8c10519a01b5f466ac9aac3c.JPG

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.83b01d997126dc52dbd6315b8b5762dc.JPG

IMG_0288.thumb.JPG.4bed085b99fdc8121d66fd982fe761ec.JPG

IMG_0294.thumb.JPG.4c93fe8b1308e1e29fe5b36d892273d1.JPGIMG_0296.thumb.JPG.3b198a97cae1202589647dc5d68b53d9.JPGIMG_0298.thumb.JPG.344c96025b8123add2c134ca393ae2d1.JPG

After 61 klms of bliss riding thru sand, dust and a variety of obstacles we waited on a corner patiently for the majority of riders to come thru.. it musta been about 20min before we saw the next rider.

Various thoughts ran thru our minds but glad to hear it was only due to a cornerman not remaining at their post lol

Great to see everyone made it back to camp safely for a "TRIPLE " - bevi, bbq and banter!

IMG_0299.thumb.JPG.941bf9045843f8bb3c82d2022626b805.JPG

IMG_0300.thumb.JPG.2210ac47a29ccd7ef0cc098c32ae4060.JPGIMG_0302.thumb.JPG.c46562073ad60b90560cac8d600ad363.JPGIMG_0305.thumb.JPG.dfd6dcfb96f7e10c66fb3ced2bc0a24c.JPG

And the usual salute from Hoff... haha

IMG_0306.thumb.JPG.5c92567a17bf1a14f23b239fa65c6825.JPG

I had an absolute blast! Thanks again for putting on a great day out on the TrailZ

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG