Brucie.T

KTM 350 XCF 2016...cutting out issue!

the 350 SX-f and XC-f are known to be prone to flaming out as well, a bloke i know raced one and found adding a fairly heavy FWW made all the difference, but a part of the problem is how much valve overlap there is with the cam timing as well, they don't get them to rev to over 14 grand (with peak power at 13'400...) without sacrificing smooth running in the low end, the carby CRF250R's had the same problem, putting FWW and a set of less agressive aftermarket cam's in it will make it like a new bike, i highly doubt your going to be revving it's tit's off like it was designed to do so you won't notice the loss of peak power, you will notice the increase in torque though.

• Like 1

So letting her breathe worked Brucie.T?

Can't confirm yet mate,the baffle is going back in for this weekend's ride so I guess I'll soon find out!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 9/8/2016 at 3:09 AM, Brucie.T said:

Hey all,

See the video below in regards to the issue im having.

Already changed:

spark plug,

in line fuel filter,

Disconnected kill switch

Any ideas would be great!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What ended up solving this issue, I'm having the same problem and have tried a handful of things so far

7 hours ago, DangerRuss said:

What ended up solving this issue, I'm having the same problem and have tried a handful of things so far

Alot of it could be flaming out, rex from fuel torque will tune the ecu 200 and no more problems saying flaming out if your actual problem try the cheaper options first of course

i havent watched the videos, but my 350excf had running issues...it would start...go about 100m then start to die....it was a fuel issue... a great man on another site...NP..... diagnosed it in one....its not the inline fuel filter...it is a fungi in the fuel filter in the tank...if it is dark it is a fungus....simple fix.....change that filter...flush out all lines with vinegar/water mix...then shellite so it dries and removes water.... fresh fuel/ and off you go...probably not the answer as better heads are looking at this one... but maybe worth a check

• Like 2

8 hours ago, splints said:

i havent watched the videos, but my 350excf had running issues...it would start...go about 100m then start to die....it was a fuel issue... a great man on another site...NP..... diagnosed it in one....its not the inline fuel filter...it is a fungi in the fuel filter in the tank...if it is dark it is a fungus....simple fix.....change that filter...flush out all lines with vinegar/water mix...then shellite so it dries and removes water.... fresh fuel/ and off you go...probably not the answer as better heads are looking at this one... but maybe worth a check

I pulled the fuel pump out the other day to test if that filter was cracked because I've heard about that happening and did notice that it seemed dark. Changing that out is my next step now