Where in Melbourne can you buy Motoz tyres
2 2

25 posts in this topic

Habs    3,569

Anyone know where in Melb?

I want to try a motoz Arena Mx hybrids ear tyre.

I can buy from QLD online but was hoping there's somewhere in Melbourne?

cluffie    5,835

Check their website,they should have a dealer in melb.
Topgear used to stock them but they've been gone for a while.

Habs    3,569
Check their website,they should have a dealer in melb.
Topgear used to stock them but they've been gone for a while.

One retailer jt racing

Habs    3,569

Ok, sorted, AMX has just started stocking them. So I was able to get the exact tyre I was after

• Like 2

Habs    3,569
Trials tyre hhhmm

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Absolutely not mate. The motoz arena is a tyre specifically designed for enduro cross. Internet reviews are very positive with many references to "the holy grail of grip levels"
Very keen to get it on the bike with the tubeliss system I bought today and see what it's like.

34959550881371211ffe17d89153695f.jpg
  • Like 4

TRAILZ    1,344

Absolutely not mate. The motoz arena is a tyre specifically designed for enduro cross. Internet reviews are very positive with many references to "the holy grail of grip levels"
Very keen to get it on the bike with the tubeliss system I bought today and see what it's like.

34959550881371211ffe17d89153695f.jpg

Sweet!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Habs    3,569
that is not the one that struggled at goughs on the beta is it ?

Nah mate, I wouldn't buy one of those. As soon as it got muddy that tyre was terrible
It was one of these
de5af4b4787c9f8c4afdb496effdb676.jpg

cluffie    5,835

The one you got looks alot better for sure. Did you go the 110 or 120 and is the rubber soft and it twists a bit like licorice?

Habs    3,569
The one you got looks alot better for sure. Did you go the 110 or 120 and is the rubber soft and it twists a bit like licorice?

I got the 120, the knobs would be best described as a mid soft feel but they don't twist like licorice.
Hoping it's a really good tyre. Time will tell
  • Like 1

Habs    3,569
Whats the damage on one of those bad boys mate? Looks interesting

$129.95 mate
  • Like 1

Habs    3,569
Hey Habs

thinking that I am going to need all the help I can get on Friday...

How do you rate this tyre after a ride or two?

Excellent mate the arena hybrid is a good choice

Marko_FE250    4,526
On 9/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, Habs said:

Excellent mate the arena hybrid is a good choice

Still using Arena Hybrid tyres Habs, is it good with tubliss and how many km`s did you get with the tyre?

Thanks

Habs    3,569
Still using Arena Hybrid tyres Habs, is it good with tubliss and how many km`s did you get with the tyre?
Thanks

Hi mate, I'm going to have to eat my words here, after about 3-4 rides, I found it lacked grip in terrain where I would normally be done with the scorpions I was running prior.
That said I changed to a star cross 5 and haven't looked back had the same tyre on since December with tubeless and finding grip everywhere. I'll change it after this weeks ride.

After all of that mate I still think it comes down to personal preference, riding styler and abilities and what you feel Comfortable with .
For my upcoming GB ride I'm going with a new starcross 5 as it's more confidence inspiring
  • Like 3

rwcfrank    300

Habs, on the Starcross are you running tubliss? What kind of pressure do you run?

Habs    3,569
Habs, on the Starcross are you running tubliss? What kind of pressure do you run?

Hi Frank,
Yes running tubeless on the starcross.
In terms of pressure it's probably hovering around 5-10 psi conditions dependent, drier rockier terrain into harder and slippery sloppy surfaces much lower.
I can't tell you an exact number as I basically do it by feel these days when wet I call it squishy pressure
  • Like 2

rwcfrank    300

Thank for that, due for a replacement and it's either going to be another Starcross or the 505 cheater. Going to try and get tubliss if I can swindle the funds from my missus.

eagle    296
13 minutes ago, rwcfrank said:

Thank for that, due for a replacement and it's either going to be another Starcross or the 505 cheater. Going to try and get tubliss if I can swindle the funds from my missus.

Gee mate every good Dirtbike rider has a secret stash;) do you really tell your misses how much you spend on your bike?;) my partner is in to Horses & they do the same sort of thing, like that tyre only cost $20 Darl;)

• Like 3

5EXC    2,356
35 minutes ago, rwcfrank said:

Both great tyres , I haven't needed tubeless yet , just ultra heavy duty's .

• Like 1

rwcfrank    300
Gee mate every good Dirtbike rider has a secret stash;) do you really tell your misses how much you spend on your bike?;) my partner is in to Horses & they do the same sort of thing, like that tyre only cost $20 Darl;)

I know what you mean, when she sees the new tire in the garage I just say "that old tire, I've had that for years!"
  • Like 1

TRAILZ    1,344

There's David fom MotorTrailsOZ Pakenham that stocks them at great prices. His number is 0448423772
Terrific bloke

• Like 1