2 2
p_edge

DIrt Bike Demo Day - 9th Oct

p_edge do you know what type of demo ride will be offered? Ie will it be oval lap of calder park...

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, TRAILZ said:

p_edge do you know what type of demo ride will be offered? Ie will it be oval lap of calder park...

I believe this was last years, this guy posts a few, so would think same, but may be wrong.

• Like 1

Its a 15 minute loop with a little bit of everything apparently and going by some of the footage watched last year. Dirt trails etc, not on the track. I am hoping to attend

• Like 1

I went to the ride day at Calder park a couple of years ago and it was awesome, very well run. If it's the same as it was then, when you register online you get to pick which bike you want to test ride and what time. You get about 15 minute allocations to complete the loop. The loop itself took about 10-15 minutes to complete depending on your speed and ability. It had everything you might find on a trail with hill climbs, steep declines, creek crossings and a grass track section . Both hard and easy options. Well worth doing if you're considering a new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I've not attended the Calder Park event so can't advise. I did the Cranbourne event in November last year which was on flat land with a few obstacles.  The lap was about 15mins long and a good chance to try out various bikes before you commit to buying one. I ended up buying another bike as a result.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2016 at 7:20 PM, Ausberg said:

I believe this was last years, this guy posts a few, so would think same, but may be wrong.

This was Demoday at Pakenham in November last year.

Here is the Calder Park Demoday from last year.

I'm heading out. Who else is going?

Hey All. Just a heads up.

Received a text last night saying the Demoday has been postponed for a week as the Huskies aren't available until then.

anybody got any feedback on this day.
i'm interested in  hearing about the sherco 2t 300 ser .

Is that the bike Paul Bray had Saturday? Sweeet ride!

22 minutes ago, TRAILZ said:

Is that the bike Paul Bray had Saturday? Sweeet ride!

yes,but he had the 250.  

• Like 1

anybody got any feedback on this day.
i'm interested in  hearing about the sherco 2t 300 ser .

I rode the Sherco, Ktm, and Husky 300, sadly in my opinion I was really disappointed with the Sherco. It wasn't until I rode the Sherco I realised how good the the Ktm/husky was. Especially the husky in stock form. The new frame, weight reduction and the counter balancer make a big difference
  • Like 1

what was the ktm/husky suspension like in comparison to the sherco?

also the diff in steering. i don't care at all about less vibes.

The tx300 forks felt firm and tracked very straight, point and shoot. About what I expected from the air forks. The Te/exc felt quite soft, never bottomed out though or done anything surprising.
For me they all would need to be setup with springs and possibly a revalve.

I thought the same thing about the vibes too. It is really noticeable.
The Sherco 300 was the bike I was looking forward to riding most and have to say the most disappointing on the day.

37 minutes ago, Cuff said:

The tx300 forks felt firm and tracked very straight, point and shoot. About what I expected from the air forks. The Te/exc felt quite soft, never bottomed out though or done anything surprising.
For me they all would need to be setup with springs and possibly a revalve.

I thought the same thing about the vibes too. It is really noticeable.
The Sherco 300 was the bike I was looking forward to riding most and have to say the most disappointing on the day.

did you or have you ridden the beta 300 to compare?

did you or have you ridden the beta 300 to compare?

No experience with the Beta 300, I believe it was one of the first bikes booked out on the demo day. From everyone I have spoken with regarding beta they were all very happy with it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cuff said:

No experience with the Beta 300, I believe it was one of the first bikes booked out on the demo day. From everyone I have spoken with regarding beta they were all very happy with it.

yep incredible motor and steering.  brakes,parts availability and finish aren't up to ktm standard.