Dan

Spark plugs?

Hi all

Whats the difference between Standard Resistance and Iridium spark plugs? Should i run a NGK CR8EIX Iridium in a 08 Husky TE 450, or stick with the good old NGK CR8EB???

Thanks in advance

D

I'm not sure what the difference in function is but I know irridium spark plugs are alot more expensive. If what you have now works fine then just stick with it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tbosu1 said:

I'm not sure what the difference in function is but I know irridium spark plugs are alot more expensive. If what you have now works fine then just stick with it.

Exactly what i was thinking. Cheers

• Like 1

Only difference are the tips, iridium won't give you better performance (more a placebo effect) but what it will give is a longer life as the tips don't corrode away like the copper plugs, according to NGK spiel will last over 100K miles:unsure:

Personally, if you own a 2 banger go the standard plug as fouling is more common. Own a 4banger EFI, your choice as when was the last time you fouled a plug on an EFI 4 banger? PS. My FE350 comes with an iridium standard, have std plug as a spare.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ohmygewd said:

Only difference are the tips, iridium won't give you better performance (more a placebo effect) but what it will give is a longer life as the tips don't corrode away like the copper plugs, according to NGK spiel will last over 100K miles:unsure:

Personally, if you own a 2 banger go the standard plug as fouling is more common. Own a 4banger EFI, your choice as when was the last time you fouled a plug on an EFI 4 banger? PS. My FE350 comes with an iridium standard, have std plug as a spare.

Good info thanks omg. Ive only changed the plug once in 8 years, and its still fine, so ill go the standard. Thanks for the reply.

I asked this question of the mechanic that does all the servicing of our work cars and he said there was no advantage in using the irridium plugs in a dirt bike.Apparently they were first designed for cars where access to the plugs was difficult and therefore expensive as already mentioned they last much longer but offer no performance increase.

• Like 1

my bike hates normal plugs for some reason.i use the laser iridium.$26.50 a plug.my bike is happy. have asked my bike shop the question, reply was, thats weird,