Baileyisme

Purchasing my first bike! Help!

So I messaged that bloke about the WR250F saying that since it seemed very suspicious I might have to report him to the police if he doesn't reply, since security is my job and I don't want anyone getting anything stolen.
Funnily enough, 2 minutes later I got a reply.....

He said he'll send the VIN number when he gets back from his mates or something, hopefully he does so I don't have to worry about someone trying to sell a stolen bike haha

Would you consider a 2 stroke, cruiser is selling a well maintained husky 250 around your price range, at least your buying a well looked after bike , he knows all the history of the bike, from a guy that's not going to talk crap to you.

• Like 2

Would you consider a 2 stroke, cruiser is selling a well maintained husky 250 around your price range, at least your buying a well looked after bike , he knows all the history of the bike, from a guy that's not going to talk crap to you.

Hmm I'm not sure, I feel like a two stroke might be a little to powerful for me, from what I've been told they're not so friendly with people that wanna take it nice and slow haha.

Hmm I'm not sure, I feel like a two stroke might be a little to powerful for me, from what I've been told they're not so friendly with people that wanna take it nice and slow haha.

Not at all mate, it's not a motor cross bike.

Just now, Gypsy501 said:

Not at all mate, it's not a motor cross bike.

Oh okay, thats just what ive been told! haha

What's the difference between the two, from a beginners prospective? 

Oh okay, thats just what ive been told! haha

What's the difference between the two, from a beginners prospective? 

You have to mix oil with the fuel on 2 strokes

3 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Well the husky will be 10+kgs lighter then the yammy.

Ill do a bit of a google about them and see how i go! :)

I had a bit of a look, they do seem like an option for me. They seem like they'd be fine as a beginner bike?

Correct me if im wrong, but by the looks, 2 strokes are much cheaper to maintain but are a little less reliable?

And they're a little more aggressive power wise so you dont have as much low end as you may have with a 4 stroke?

first ride on a 2 stroke goes a little like this ..... Earth .. sky .. earth ... sky ... earth ... sky .... earth ... (and possibly ends with) OUCH! or ... woo hoo!!!!

• Like 6

Just now, Scottland said:

first ride on a 2 stroke goes a little like this ..... Earth .. sky .. earth ... sky ... earth ... sky .... earth ... (and possibly ends with) OUCH! or ... woo hoo!!!!

Hahaha well that'll probably be me regardless of what i get, so what's your opinion on someone thats basically never ridden before getting one? 

Just now, Baileyisme said:

Hahaha well that'll probably be me regardless of what i get, so what's your opinion on someone thats basically never ridden before getting one? 

Are you a total unco or can you handle machinery/cars/sports pretty easily??

WR250F is a great beginners bike ... but if you take to it well ... it might get a bit boring. Even though I had my ass kicked by a guy on a wr250f today.

A 250 2 stroke is possibly the most fun you will ever have on two wheels. Although, in my limited experience, possibly a little less reliable. Although a well maintained bike will treat you well ... a poorly maintained bike 2T or 4T will treat you as you have treated it ...

• Like 1

Just now, Scottland said:

Are you a total unco or can you handle machinery/cars/sports pretty easily??

WR250F is a great beginners bike ... but if you take to it well ... it might get a bit boring. Even though I had my ass kicked by a guy on a wr250f today.

A 250 2 stroke is possibly the most fun you will ever have on two wheels. Although, in my limited experience, possibly a little less reliable. Although a well maintained bike will treat you well ... a poorly maintained bike 2T or 4T will treat you as you have treated it ...

I can usually learn reasonably quick, i'm not a total unco, I did'nt do to bad learning to drive and fly planes etc.

I think I might shoot cruiser a message and have a chat about the bike. Cheers guys for the suggestion!

• Like 2

Now all I'm missing is a bike

eff8ab016d861c5be55c4669f5219339.jpgc6b8acc5b0b38ae80681fa88ca296ff1.jpg

Man you look really dehydrated in that first photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Man you look really dehydrated in that first photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's what happens when you can't afford water because you spent to much, turn into a pancake
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PeteV said:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grovedale/motorcycles/kawasaki-kdx200/1121520378

cheap as chips     

Tempted myself to get it to play on....

You could always put up a wanted add like this bloke did  

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coldstream/motorcycles/wtb-crap-motorbike/1121377216

Good find Pete.