Bushyaz

Topline seat cover

I thought I would give a pleated seat cover a try to see if I could get a bit more grip to stay up front while cornering.

Someone suggested to give Topline in Seaford a call and I couldn't be happier with the service and quality of the seat cover.

I rang on a Tuesday at lunch time, and they texted me some sample pictures. I rang back straight away, told them the colours, and the cover was custom made and in an express post envelope in the mail that afternoon, (great price too).

I received it the next day.

First impression was great. What a difference. The grippier material and the pleats help keep your backside exactly where you planted it.

I found on the old seat I'd enter the corner on the tank but would slide back a bit on exiting, especially on rough exits. The pleats really help keep you planted up front.

So far so good, I'm really happy with the difference.

I'll put it to a proper test at Wedderburn in two weeks and post up how it held up.

IMG_0787.JPG

• Like 9

Mario has done dozens of seats for me, the bloke goes above and beyond and takes pride in his work.

• Like 4

For sure, great bloke. He ended up fitting for me a couple of days later free of charge.

Good service goes a long way

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WR15Chris said:

How much are they?

Around the $100 mark but I got mine awhile ago check with Mario 9770 4017 

Just now, ktm shane said:

Around the $100 mark but I got mine awhile ago check with Mario 9770 4017 

Cool

Thanks Shane

• Like 1

They're grouse, got my seat built up by Mario aswell. Much better on the legs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48f769bba90283a36f4bb2596fad6fa4.jpg

• Like 2

In fact on some snotty/steep hills I've ridden up it works too well with my strides being pulled down gripping on the seat causing serious plumbers crack.

I also have to make sure I wear plenty of layers underneath my nylons as a couple of times I just wore bike shorts underneath my nylons and snotty steep hill climbs caused major chaffing on areas I don't wish to mention due to the extra grip. 

I'll have to invest in some braces.

thegeneral

• Like 5

Has anyone sent him a seat to have a few mls shaved off? If so how much did he charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, eagle said:

I got him to take some out of my KTM seat i think he charged about $10-20? not much what ever it was

You don't need that done mate B)

After 2 months and about 40 hours of riding and abuse, the seat cover is holding up really well. It's had everything thrown at it, mud, sand, rocks, hills, and more mud.

High quality product with high quality service.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Popped into see Mario last week & told him about my great win @ the Annual Dirtriderz weekend in Beechworth a free seat cover, he said i'll get 1 ready & ring me before you come.

Rang him yesterday morning, said i'd be there about 11am today, i had taken the cover off & dried the seat out so when i got there it took him about 10mins to install, you can't get better service than that, & i know his seats are top quality, so it's a win win all round for me !! ;) .

• Like 5