Ogio flight vest
3 3

48 posts in this topic

Dan    564

Do they come with the hydration bladder included? Or just hydration bladder compatible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan    564

Nice. I will grab one then, cheers for the heads up 2t4me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2t4me    4,157

Just realised a mistake in my post - they are on special UNTILL monday night....

cruiser    3,150

thanks for the heads up dusty.. just ordered one.

presume weight on my shoulder might not  be a good thing anymore. 

• Like 3

2t4me    4,157

They're a good thing cruiser - as noods says, tobpick them up they feel heavy when loaded but once on you dont notice the weight due to the distribution around your body!

• Like 3

Dann    1,269
4 hours ago, cruiser said:

thanks for the heads up dusty.. just ordered one.

presume weight on my shoulder might not  be a good thing anymore. 

I would have to say the flight vest is the best piece of riding gear I've ever bought, without a doubt. 

I've weighed mine fully loaded and it comes to 7kg, when I used to carry that in a backpack it was a huge burden when the going got tough. 

You can keep all the most commonly used stuff in the front pockets like small flatblade, t bar, allen keys, spanners, spare levers and the best thing is being able to sneak in a quick snack while doing cornerman.

A 3ltr bladder fits in no problem too.

• Like 5

2t4me    4,157

its that time again - Torpedo7 have these on sale till midnight tomorrow (Thursday) night.

30% off ($60 off) - sale price is $139.99

CLICK HERE

great price 

• Like 3

cluffie    5,759

I've worn out 2 of these but was thinking of trying the klim or troylee design vests as i seem to have a bad run with the ogio zippers packing it in. Vests are both still good but front lower pocket zips and back side one are stuffed and stitched with zip ties. Really frustrating about the poor quality zips,chinese made cost cutting.
The klim and tld are alot dearer so might just go another ogio at this price.
Disposable item for me at about 18 mnths to 2yrs max.

2t4me    4,157

Interesting Cluffie... Touch wood I haven't had any zipper issues at this point, coming up on 2.5 years I guess....
Mind you, mine wouldn't get used as much as yours!

• Like 1

Cujo    2,213

I have had the same experience as cluffie with the Ogio Switched to the USWE and the stitching let go in the first few of months but still usable...replaced under warranty ......must be all the tumbling I do down hills

• Like 3

cluffie    5,759
Zips love silicone lube....

Does this work on your flight vest or are you talking zips in general? I've found it to attract dust and grit and not make the ogio zips work any better. Imo the zipper brand needs to be changed. The zips camelback use never have issues from my experience. It's not economical to replace zips either. I would willingly pay more if the zips were better.
Rrp is to expensive for what you get but this deal is ok for me,so i'm getting another,thanks Dustin.
  • Like 1

coggs    227

poor quality fine tooth zips are the downfall of all these types of products unfortunately, coarse teeth zips are much more durable and easier to keep clean but they are also more expensive so manufacturers wont use them if they can get away with it.  As Cluffie said in my experience silicon spray leaves a sticky film that attracts dust and dirt, i use dry glide and it seems to work ok. If you have an expensive piece of kit and you want the zips  to last they need regular cleaning. 

IMG_20170803_115810.jpg

• Like 3

ktm-sean    559
On 8/2/2017 at 8:54 PM, cluffie said:

I've worn out 2 of these but was thinking of trying the klim or troylee design vests as i seem to have a bad run with the ogio zippers packing it in. Vests are both still good but front lower pocket zips and back side one are stuffed and stitched with zip ties. Really frustrating about the poor quality zips,chinese made cost cutting.
The klim and tld are alot dearer so might just go another ogio at this price.
Disposable item for me at about 18 mnths to 2yrs max.

maybe can get the zips replaced, I might know someone who can do it just need to check it out first.

cluffie    5,759
1 hour ago, ktm-sean said:

maybe can get the zips replaced, I might know someone who can do it just need to check it out first.

Would be great if they could be replaced and it was economical. Let us know.

ktm-sean    559
5 hours ago, cluffie said:

Would be great if they could be replaced and it was economical. Let us know.

take some pics of the zippers that are damaged or part with it at a cost to me and I could get it fixed and keep it for myself :mellow: my misses is very handy with her sewing machine knows all the old school skills 

• Like 1

dazzrmx    826

Cluffie try Walkalong - 515 Camberwell rd Camberwell. 9889-2800 Micheal. He has repaired and put zips in leathers for me and always repairing leathers for racers as well as luggage. Quality work at very reasonable prices.

• Like 1

Ausberg    360
Cluffie try Walkalong - 515 Camberwell rd Camberwell. 9889-2800 Micheal. He has repaired and put zips in leathers for me and always repairing leathers for racers as well as luggage. Quality work at very reasonable prices.

+1
  • Like 1