New bike
3 3

47 posts in this topic

Hey there ange I'd have to concur with cluffie on the 350. I have the 2014 husaberg 350 and they were I believe about 108.5 kg without bash plates radiator guards etc. yes the new katos are lighter but I'm 6'4' and 105 kg and on the side of a hill they are still a handful to hold onto particularly into the ride when you're fatigued. Yes bikes seats and suspension can be lowered but seriously look at the weight of the bike prior to purchase, realistically a 250 is perfect to throw around it's nimble. Power is not the be all and end all it's the riders skill that will make the difference. You can't use all of the power produced by the larger capacity bikes unless you're on the road/fire trails. You can't even fully wind out most bikes in single lane. If you want something with a little more go than the freeride have you considered the beta extrainer. Checkout on youtube. At your weight and height they might be something to think about. Or if your hearts set on a 350 the betas are a bit shorter and with an apparent lower centre of gravity. 

• Like 2

If height is an issue Xtrainers are good and whilst I don't notice the weight often dragging a bike sideways up a hill you'll have more friends with a two stroke. If you plan on going fast and needing proper suspension the full size Betas are nicer.

(photos courtesy Brownballs)

13238956_10154193048287010_4639702299119564074_n.jpg13254113_10154193047202010_8230519062050481975_n.jpg

• Like 5

If height is an issue Xtrainers are good and whilst I don't notice the weight often dragging a bike sideways up a hill you'll have more friends with a two stroke. If you plan on going fast and needing proper suspension the full size Betas are nicer.

(photos courtesy Brownballs)

13238956_10154193048287010_4639702299119564074_n.jpg13254113_10154193047202010_8230519062050481975_n.jpg

Great photos!!

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Had a crack at both and have going the 350, we've ended up buying a pair of them (eeek!!) Time will tell whether that was a good idea or not but hey, this is my fifth bike, nothing wrong with making it six!!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ange said:

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Had a crack at both and have going the 350, we've ended up buying a pair of them (eeek!!) Time will tell whether that was a good idea or not but hey, this is my fifth bike, nothing wrong with making it six!!

16 or 17 models Ange?

You'll love the 350's.

16 or 17 models Ange?

You'll love the 350's.

Gone with the 16, got a good deal and not sure either of us can wait four months for a new one!!

• Like 2

Great bike you'll love them. .

Run it in properly and then make sure you jump on a forum ride.

• Like 2

So you got twins default_tongue.png, congratulations.

Yep, we're now broke as shit but ah well, life's better with a dirt bike!!

• Like 5

Now the big question, what bike gets the best bling bits?

Hehe mine of course!! Nah we wanted a new bike for me but I wasn't going to let my husband miss out, he deserves a new one more than me!!!

• Like 1

Hehe mine of course!! Nah we wanted a new bike for me but I wasn't going to let my husband miss out, he deserves a new one more than me!!!

You shouod talk to my wife :)

• Like 3

Congratulations on the new rides,sure you won't be disappointed I love mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey ange, how low did you end up getting the seat?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he lowered it 50mm and then I had a power parts lower seat fitted which is another 10mm. It has really done the trick though!!