Grouping ride levels to rides

7 posts in this topic

I'd like to suggest having riders list their ride grading levels ie beginner, L1, L2 etc on their sign in so that whoever posts a ride can tag those in that level.

For example my login has Beginner, L1 and L2 status, that way when someone posts a ride they can tag those levels within the post and riders from that grade (from their status) in turn get a message...

Just a thought

• Like 1

People keen to ride always check out the organized rides section often. People who don't either don't want to ride or are unfamiliar with how the forum works and so then they miss out .

This would often be new members and quite often these are beginners.

I guess it's some thing I think would be handy for beginner rides as everyone could be notified and they wouldn't have to troll the forum to find out.

It can be done easily by all beginners setting up a subscription to the "beginners ride put up your hand" post and so whenever a beginner ride is posted you pop a link to it from organized rides section to it in that post .

Once subscribed it would still require them to set up some kind of notification service from Dirtriderz or tapatalk.

Another way would be for you to send a group message to all the beginner riders you know of and advise them of your impending ride but even with this without a notification service set up they won't see it until they visit the forum webpage if they aren't using tapatalk .

• Like 2

That's what the organised ride section is for to look for rides, last thing people want  is to be bombarded with messages when they have other plans ect 

• Like 2

That's what the organised ride section is for to look for rides, last thing people want  is to be bombarded with messages when they have other plans ect 

Exactly, i don't want extra messages.

Members could be on holidays, away for work,busy with house reno's, sick,injured, rebuilding their bike or numerous other reasons why they can't ride.

This is one of the best things about the Dirtriderz. If you want to ride,your interested and you look at the orginised ride section and put your name down or post and lead a ride yourself or put up an Eoi for a ride.

Plenty of rides to come soon as it's nearing prime riding season.

• Like 1

Good thought though Vince.

We are always looking at better ways to improve the forum.

And it's great to see new members as yourself have done to chime in and suggest something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PeteV said:

People keen to ride always check out the organized rides section often. People who don't either don't want to ride or are unfamiliar with how the forum works and so then they miss out .

This would often be new members and quite often these are beginners.

I guess it's some thing I think would be handy for beginner rides as everyone could be notified and they wouldn't have to troll the forum to find out.

It can be done easily by all beginners setting up a subscription to the "beginners ride put up your hand" post and so whenever a beginner ride is posted you pop a link to it from organized rides section to it in that post .

Once subscribed it would still require them to set up some kind of notification service from Dirtriderz or tapatalk.

Another way would be for you to send a group message to all the beginner riders you know of and advise them of your impending ride but even with this without a notification service set up they won't see it until they visit the forum webpage if they aren't using tapatalk .

Hi Pete,

Yes it would be very handy especially for new riders who are having to troll for beginner rides in a mix of L1, L2, L3 rides...

It would be like an alert to your inbox, with the option to untick the option if you don't want to receive any alerts...

Simples....

A group message might be difficult because each week more riders would be joining DRZ and harder to manage... my suggestion would be to have the option to flick a button on or off if you want to receive messages from a particular grade of ride advertised...

13 hours ago, ktm shane said:

Hi KTMShane - riders can simply flick a button to stop messages being received...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cluffie said:

Exactly, i don't want extra messages.

Members could be on holidays, away for work,busy with house reno's, sick,injured, rebuilding their bike or numerous other reasons why they can't ride.

This is one of the best things about the Dirtriderz. If you want to ride,your interested and you look at the orginised ride section and put your name down or post and lead a ride yourself or put up an Eoi for a ride.

Plenty of rides to come soon as it's nearing prime riding season.

Hi Cluffie,

If you don't want to receive messages then deselect the button not to... the option would be yours coz you already know all the riders on the forum or have your own group of DRZ's you ride with...

OPTIONS...

SIMPLES...