TooTimid

Ok girls where have you been riding lately?

Girls section has been a bit quiet of late:o

I know there are fair few girls on here:D tell us where you have been out and about on the trails recently :P

I have (not me but my husband) been doing a rebuild on my bike so have not been out for a couple of weeks :wub:

I went for my first real ride on my new bike a couple of weeks ago. I work almost every weekend so it's been hard to get out on it. Luckily my parents live about 500m from a state forest so Dad and I go and explore the many trails in there. It had been wet and there were a couple of water traps immediately followed by steep inclines that I made it through first go but he got stuck - he's been riding since a teen and I've only been on trails about 6 times so he was pretty chuffed. We almost got hit by a big falling branch when we'd stopped for a drink which was a little scary! Hoping to get out again this weekend.  

• Like 3

I went for my first real ride on my new bike a couple of weeks ago. I work almost every weekend so it's been hard to get out on it. Luckily my parents live about 500m from a state forest so Dad and I go and explore the many trails in there. It had been wet and there were a couple of water traps immediately followed by steep inclines that I made it through first go but he got stuck - he's been riding since a teen and I've only been on trails about 6 times so he was pretty chuffed. We almost got hit by a big falling branch when we'd stopped for a drink which was a little scary! Hoping to get out again this weekend.  

I have always wondered about falling branches. Good job on the hill

Did 35kms yesterday and 50kms today of mixed trails and tracks, a couple rutted from logging trucks. Quite a few water hazards and inclines, and a lot of the trails have sequences of big humps like massive speed bumps to try to stop people using them. Crazy amounts of leaves and sticks making some parts very slippery. Heaps of fun and good practice, getting better every ride I think.

• Like 4

Hey girls, 

I live in SA. On boxing day I took myself to a local ride park. It has enduro tracks, a MX and SX track. Had a great day out hit some decent jumps and a rather large tabletop which was a little nerve racking.

• Like 3

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:43 PM, mOtOcHiCk said:

Hey girls, 

I live in SA. On boxing day I took myself to a local ride park. It has enduro tracks, a MX and SX track. Had a great day out hit some decent jumps and a rather large tabletop which was a little nerve racking.

That sounds like a great day out.  I have only hit jumps and tabletops in my dreams :) lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lyric said:

I'm not into jumping, just trails. REALLY want to go riding today but have no one to go with. Contemplating a solo.

It's not really a safe way to ride,all it takes is a tree root/rock to lose your front end to hurt yourself with no help ! 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, suzbeano said:

Any beginner chickz from Vic? :-)

Plenty of us here will do a ride when the weather gets a bit cooler.

Rode 123kms yesterday around Marysville Narbethong and Buxton boy was it dusty looked like I had a deep bronze spray tan by the end of the day LOL

Is a bit warm at the moment! Looking forward to the cooler weather before winter hits!

123kms is huge the most I've done in a day is about 60!

Looking forward to the level 1+ ride on 31/1 :-)

• Like 2

My usual riding buddy - my dad - was diagnosed with testicular cancer a few weeks ago and has had surgery so I've been off the bike. Missing it, itching to go for a ride! Make sure you look after yourselves boys, don't ignore things. 

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:40 PM, Lyric said:

My usual riding buddy - my dad - was diagnosed with testicular cancer a few weeks ago and has had surgery so I've been off the bike. Missing it, itching to go for a ride! Make sure you look after yourselves boys, don't ignore things. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad :( 

Ok so I literally just got a bike today, I would love to get out on a ride. It would have to be a full beginner ride as its been many years since I've even been on a bike. I live on the Mornington peninsula & hoping for something not too far away.

• Like 1

Welcome shez! I'm a bit far north to offer much help for you but keep an eye on the organised rides section. Really good beginners rides pop up in there! ;)

I was out at murrindindi this morning and passed by a couple of guys with a lady friend! Was it one of you girls from here?!

Sorry to hear about your dad Lyric :-(