2 2
BIGGIE

Club Sherco

So ive been feeling a bit lonely of late.... we have the smokers lounge, the 3fiddy club, 450 and bigger.... but nothing I fall into specifically....

So with new Sherco dealers popping up im hoping the Sherco count on here will increase.

So ill kick things off, this thread is for Sherco owners of any capacity, discuss what you ride, what you've done to your ride and up and coming news....

Here's my 2015 300 SEF-R 6 Days

20150921_142507_zpshn9mn1sk.jpg

• Like 4

cheers fellas.

doesn't look as good anymore, made a mess of a downhill last weekend and torn up the side plastics pretty good.... oh well no point changing until its time to sell....

For anyone wondering how many kms they could get out of the standard 7.5l tank on current Sherco 4t's I managed to get 117.2 on a lv 2.5 on this years annual weekender with less than half a litre to go! Pretty impressed with that :D

• Like 5

That's good news Biggie i've been keeping an eye on mine & been getting about 60klms out of half a tank & got 90klms after putting 1ltr in & still had a couple of ltrs left

How's life with a Sherco ? Is the reliabilithy of the Sherco 300's holding up ? Any major issues ? Spare parts probems ? 

Ive just clicked over 1100kms and its been by far the best bike ive ever owned, absolutely love it.

only issue was water getting into a relay for cooling fan (dealer installed) which caused the fan to come on when engine was running instead of starting when it gets hot only.

no parts issues what so ever, the boys at powerhouse are always fantastic to deal with...

• Like 1

top stuff biggie. i enjoyed the ride on your bike on the weekender. so easy to get forward on it in corners and it feels nice and narrow.  it turns so nicely and easily and holds the line better then my katos. engine is great with plenty on tap and only a bit of fanning to keep it in the power range when it needs it.

front brake is a bit weak for me and i  suggest some more aggressive pads or an oversized front disc for more stopping power for when your really on it. maybe also a bit of clicker adjustment or slight revalve for the fork also for me but apart from this a awesome bike.

also biggie make sure you adjust those levers up mate. go half way from where they are now to in between the horizontal position so you can get used and leave it there for a few good rides and you'll love it.  :)

• Like 1

cheers cluffie, that feedback from an experienced rider like yourself makes me confident with in my belief ive got a real nice bike :D

I fully agree with your comments on the front break, don't think im too far off needing pads so will look into this.

Also yes the intial movement of the front shocks when I hit something (log, large rock etc) is a bit knotchy, could be smoother, ill get in touch with Darren.

Still not sold on adjusting those levers, I think any more horizontal and im going to struggle to get fingers around it when im on the pegs....

Still not sold on adjusting those levers, I think any more horizontal and im going to struggle to get fingers around it when im on the pegs....

thats because your position is all wrong on the bike while standing.

i don't have a problem.

• Like 1

Any training day held by Jarvis or Birchy or any other pro rider & they will adjust your levers up to almost level.

The strength while gripping the bars is in your palms not the fingers ... 

The position Cluffie is describing will feel awkward to you but in the long run you are going to benefit & get use to them quite quickly  :)  

• Like 1

About time I officially joined this club Biggie. I did meet you at Mt Disappointment a month or so ago.

This is the three Sherco's I have owned. The first '07 450 did over 13,000 km with very few issues.

The '11 300 I still have, which is now more or less my son's, since both his bikes were recently stolen. It now has over 360 hours on it. It was overhauled at 330, but only required new rings, new cam chain guide and the piston pin was a tiny bit loose, so a new piston kit was put in. Inlet valves were replaced. Crankshaft, mains etc were fine. The image is from a similar one online. I don't have any photos of that one when it was new, and it certainly does not look like that any more.

I am just about used to using the new 450. It has far more grunt than the 300, and has meant changes to how I ride. Was really nice on a recent high country ride though. 

Image009.thumb.jpg.f9855b268fffe29fc23c4

sherco_300.thumb.jpg.2286c47614b7042a866

Sherco_2015_450.thumb.jpg.602ca74a689a14

Image009.jpg

sherco 300.jpg

Sherco 2015 450.jpg

• Like 2

By the sounds of it Shercos handle a lot better with the WP suspension than KTM's do. The suspension is definitely KTM's Achilles heel.

absolute crap,it's the same same. i doubt any decent rider over 65kg would be completely happy with any manufacturers stock setup. handling is also alot more then suspension. all bikes need the proper spring rates with valving changed to suit if you want a great setup bike. also individual riding style,terrrain and speed come into it. any setup will have a window where a slight compromise will have to be made as it's impossible to get it perfect for everything.

absolute crap,it's the same same. i doubt any decent rider over 65kg would be completely happy with any manufacturers stock setup. handling is also alot more then suspension. all bikes need the proper spring rates with valving changed to suit if you want a great setup bike. also individual riding style,terrrain and speed come into it. any setup will have a window where a slight compromise will have to be made as it's impossible to get it perfect for everything.

I have to disagree with you there. I was really impressed with the sherco300f stock suspension setup when I test rode it at Calder park earlier in the year. I thought it was just as good as the two Yamaha wrf/yzfx 250 I rode. The Sherco is a nice package

I have to disagree with you there. I was really impressed with the sherco300f stock suspension setup when I test rode it at Calder park earlier in the year. I thought it was just as good as the two Yamaha wrf/yzfx 250 I rode. The Sherco is a nice package

I think the main point is if the stock suspension doesn't get modified to suit the rider it will have lot more limitations than something that's been at minimum had a re-valved. 

There are not too many bikes that are right to go straight up out of the box !!!

The closest I've found has been the Beta's they aren't perfect but they will work but then again are we really totally happy with our bikes ??? I know I'm not I'm always looking to get it better or to attempt to get it so I don't expell any extra energy to ride !! 

• Like 1