4 4
Ausberg

Garmin Gps 64S Mounting

I still use the aluminium mount on the bars, works great.

Just had to make a new roller for the bottom of the ram mount and use two cable ties to secure it in, hasn't come off yet with two cable ties.

I have been in contact with a company based in South Africa called Rost Engineering & they tell me they are currently fabricating a billet mount (like the etrex 1 above) for the Garmin 62s. Probably will be pricey but well worth it.

http://rost.co.za/index.php/en/

• Like 3

I have been in contact with a company based in South Africa called Rost Engineering & they tell me they are currently fabricating a billet mount (like the etrex 1 above) for the Garmin 62s. Probably will be pricey but well worth it.

http://rost.co.za/index.php/en/

Mate, keep us updated on that as pricey or not, I'd buy one

• Like 4

Hey

I'm in the process of buying a new GPS and the Garmin 64S is on my radar.

1. Is there a better or equivilent GPS I should be considering?

2. Can you still buy the aluminium brackets which fix to your handle bars and GPS cradle? I'm having trouble locating one on-line

IMO

The 64s is a good GPS if you've got good eyes, screen for me is a bit hard to see, but I wear reading glasses (its an over 50's thing apparently).

It does what its meant to, easy to use, apart from having to use buttons to input information, and value for money.

The Garmin Montana is however a lot better, with the touch screen and larger display, but comes at double the cost, my preference if I was to upgrade.

The aluminium bracket I had was available on ebay, but believe the guy that made them doesn't do them anymore, this is just the aluminium bar clamp which uses the RAM type holder, which is useless without modifications to stop the GPS from falling out.

If you look at RAM mounts I'm sure you'll find something suitable, whatever you do put a lanyard on it.

There are  other Aluminium brackets that are nearly the price of the GPS, so you'd be better off getting the Montana 680T and a charging cradle which work a treat.

IMO
The 64s is a good GPS if you've got good eyes, screen for me is a bit hard to see, but I wear reading glasses (its an over 50's thing apparently).
It does what its meant to, easy to use, apart from having to use buttons to input information, and value for money.
The Garmin Montana is however a lot better, with the touch screen and larger display, but comes at double the cost, my preference if I was to upgrade.
The aluminium bracket I had was available on ebay, but believe the guy that made them doesn't do them anymore, this is just the aluminium bar clamp which uses the RAM type holder, which is useless without modifications to stop the GPS from falling out.
 If you look at RAM mounts I'm sure you'll find something suitable, whatever you do put a lanyard on it.
There are  other Aluminium brackets that are nearly the price of the GPS, so you'd be better off getting the Montana 680T and a charging cradle which work a treat.

Awesome thank you. Ill explore some of the RAM options