Dvmcc Pony X Wedderburn 2Nd Aug Sunday
3 3

40 posts in this topic

Bushyaz    269
On 20/12/2016 at 2:41 PM, Fearless Whetu said:

This looks like a great ride. Whats involved for a noobie (me) to compete in the '17 event ?

It is a good event, and it drew big numbers this year.

First you'll need to sign up as a member of a club. Diamond Valley, (dvmcc), is about $90 for a senior 12 month membership.

If it's just this event you're thinking of doing you can hire a transponder for the day, and you can get a day licence, (MA race licence).

If you were thinking of doing other events it's probably worth getting a 12 month transponder subscription and a 12 month MA licence....depending on how many races you want to do.

You can do it Ironman, (3 hours), or pony express with a partner, (4 hours).

Chuck some race numbers on the bike and away you go.

There is camping on the property and it's a great weekend. 

• Like 1

Fearless Whetu    120
5 hours ago, Bushyaz said:

It is a good event, and it drew big numbers this year.

First you'll need to sign up as a member of a club. Diamond Valley, (dvmcc), is about $90 for a senior 12 month membership.

If it's just this event you're thinking of doing you can hire a transponder for the day, and you can get a day licence, (MA race licence).

If you were thinking of doing other events it's probably worth getting a 12 month transponder subscription and a 12 month MA licence....depending on how many races you want to do.

You can do it Ironman, (3 hours), or pony express with a partner, (4 hours).

Chuck some race numbers on the bike and away you go.

There is camping on the property and it's a great weekend. 

Ok, Awesome and thank you for the info. I had already got a membership application for the DVMCC and was planning on joining in the new year.  I would like to do a few this year so maybe the 12 month transponder sub would be a good idea as well as an MA license.  I just wasn't sure wether there were any pre-requisites. 

Thanks again Bushyaz.

• Like 1

Bushyaz    269
On 12/28/2016 at 10:09 PM, Fearless Whetu said:

Mate do you have a link to a calendar ?

They haven't put it up yet. At their first general meeting they will roughly go over what they're planning for the year. Good chance to meet a few people involved in the club.

• Like 1

Fearless Whetu    120

So I've entered the PX ! I have emailed DVMCC with some questions but no reply so far. I'm wondering if anyone here can help me understand how the license works. 

I have paid $70 bucks for the "Day license" on the form, I'm assuming this is a day MA license, is this right ? I don't have an MA license yet as I was just going to have a bash and see if I still enjoyed all this. before I paid the full $320 buckaroos. 

Also, If I hurt myself does the MA license cover me for hospital costs and so on ? What is the deal with insurance in one of these events.  

I'd just like to understand everything before I go setting lap records - NOT hahaha !

Thanks in advance fellas and fellesses. 

Also, what is a sprint event ? 

Brucie.T    605
So I've entered the PX ! I have emailed DVMCC with some questions but no reply so far. I'm wondering if anyone here can help me understand how the license works. 
I have paid $70 bucks for the "Day license" on the form, I'm assuming this is a day MA license, is this right ? I don't have an MA license yet as I was just going to have a bash and see if I still enjoyed all this. before I paid the full $320 buckaroos. 
Also, If I hurt myself does the MA license cover me for hospital costs and so on ? What is the deal with insurance in one of these events.  
I'd just like to understand everything before I go setting lap records - NOT hahaha !
Thanks in advance fellas and fellesses. 
Also, what is a sprint event ? 

Day license is a day MA license yes
Dont know the complete ins and outs but I don't think any hospital cost are covered by MA and if ypu bingle on a race day you can't go claim it on TAC

Sprint : point A to point B against the clock with intervals between each rider.
Courses are normally 8-12min depending what venue/club you normally do around 6 sprints

cluffie    5,835
Yeah I have entered but already have a partner. Do you know if you can use tear offs?

No tear offs anymore.

Some mx events have exemption as they can clean up the tearoff rubbish.

Some national mx riders are fighting hard to scrap roll offs and bring back tearoffs due to safety. Ma is weakening due to pressure from riders and teams.

• Like 1

Fearless Whetu    120

As cluffie says, no -more tear offs at any MA events. Thanks but I am doing the Ironman, my partner pulled out. 

I was more wondering who might be up there, it looks like it will be good fun.