7 7
fab

Yes I Bought A Yz250Fx

11 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Hummdinger is that 10,000ks and then you changed your first piston??

yep 10,000 ,, new piston , valves still untouched at 13000

Yeah on a 08 wr450 did 14000 before rebuild  then went crazy with a 480 kit and stuff it up 200km down the track than back off the power a little  and did another 13000 km with a pitson even 3000km and now my mate has it and he done another 7000km on it but does burn oil as it need work but still ride ok but it not bad for a bike with over 34000km on it

• Like 1

Wr's are not a fx. They are built to moderate performance as an reliable all rounder so imo they are not related to a mx highly strung performance motor and don't rev as high. You can't compare engine hrs and especially with a 450.
My sons mate who is an very fast A grade mx junior gets 20hrs out of a piston on a 2017 kx 250f and it's toast, just for a comparison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cluffie said:

Wr's are not a fx. They are built to moderate performance as an reliable all rounder so imo they are not related to a mx highly strung performance motor and don't rev as high. You can't compare engine hrs and especially with a 450.
My sons mate who is an very fast A grade mx junior gets 20hrs out of a piston on a 2017 kx 250f and it's toast, just for a comparison.

And FX's aren't YZ's. The gear box is different and they dont accelerate quite like a YZ. They are a cross country/enduro bike and not supposed to be screaming their heads off around a motocross track. Also hard to compare engine hrs between a YZ and an FX.

Its horses for courses I guess. A mx bike in the hands of an A grade/Pro  racer will need more work than a cross country/enduro bike being raced by a A grade/Pro

I would too, I have my piston on the shelf in the garage that was changed  at 100 hrs. I'd like to see a 150hr piston 

200 hour update. 

~50 hours since rebuild and it hasn't skipped a beat.

Countershaft seal is weeping only slightly so next sprocket change that will be replaced.

Both brake discs have been replaced.

It will be bearing regrease time very soon in readiness for winter. Side note - Remember to watch those lower shock bearings as I have had another rust out.

200 hour update. 
~50 hours since rebuild and it hasn't skipped a beat.
Countershaft seal is weeping only slightly so next sprocket change that will be replaced.
Both brake discs have been replaced.
It will be bearing regrease time very soon in readiness for winter. Side note - Remember to watch those lower shock bearings as I have had another rust out.

Sorry what are lower shock bearings? I don’t know what they are
  • Haha 1

Everything was still full of grease however I cleaned and regreased the swingarm, linkage, and dog bone anyway. Torture yet zen. 

It loves to destroy the inner lip of swingarm outer seals so new ones went on. 

Set of Gypsy specials (MX3S) to replace the summer slicks and its finally winter ready. New set of front bearings as the others were done. 

• Like 1

In the previous post I wrote this

Hot Tip - if you are after seals 28x35x4 they are not at bearing shops (bearing shop will say yes however theirs are single lipped whilst the oem are double lipped)

Yamaha charge $13

Sherco $2.30 - http://www.powerhousemotorcycles.com.au/part/sherco/0292  so you can order online and get it delivered for cheaper than Yamaha. 

This is wrong. I checked the seals again and they are tapered in the inner diameter. The Yamaha ones are not tapered.