What Have U Done To Your Bike This Week

Removed swingarm, had new bushes fitted, new chain adjuster screws, refitted swingarm. Found thrust washer on shed floor when cleaning up, removed swingarm.... ūü§£

Also fitted thermo fan and wired it up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All cleaned & re greased all bolts checked & tighten installed new plastics. Ready to ride

I got hold of a 2012 CRF450X last week.  I've been enjoying tinkering in the garage each night since.    It's an ex race bike. Safari/Condobolin/long distance off road navigation rally type racing.   

Mid 2014 I purchased a spanking new YZ250 2t, after 2 1/2 years and over 300hrs of riding I decided to rebuild the motor instead of updating to a new model.  I did the whole rebuild myself, spent

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Had the power valve leak "fixed" 3 times. Added a bash plate, carbon pipe guard, pds sock, fan, tug strap and cleaned the filter. Now all I need to do is remember how to actually ride it. 20201110_173901.thumb.jpg.869677c0c1bd363a8e7fc9679e0570f6.jpg

• Like 3
On 11/20/2020 at 10:46 PM, Tim.P said:

Had the power valve leak "fixed" 3 times. Added a bash plate, carbon pipe guard, pds sock, fan, tug strap and cleaned the filter. Now all I need to do is remember how to actually ride it. 20201110_173901.thumb.jpg.869677c0c1bd363a8e7fc9679e0570f6.jpg

Power valve leak fixed 3 times? They must be using the incorrect silicone type or not using enough,use heaps. These oil leaks are a 2020 Standard feature on ktm/s,terrible engineering design that should be done at PD by all dealers before the bike is ridden. Hopefully the 21's are rectified and don't leak.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, cluffie said:

Power valve leak fixed 3 times? They must be using the incorrect silicone type or not using enough,use heaps. These oil leaks are a 2020 Standard feature on ktm/s,terrible engineering design that should be done at PD by all dealers before the bike is ridden. Hopefully the 21's are rectified and don't leak.

Yep 3 times! And yes I could do it myself but f@#$ them. We're spending small car money on these bikes now so I shouldn't have to play with these leaks on a new bike. So they used silicone twice then the third time I nicely said fix it or keep it. So they put all new seals in it and it seems okay now but I haven't ridden it for 6 months. See how it goes when I swing a leg over it again. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Tim.P said:

Yep 3 times! And yes I could do it myself but f@#$ them. We're spending small car money on these bikes now so I shouldn't have to play with these leaks on a new bike. So they used silicone twice then the third time I nicely said fix it or keep it. So they put all new seals in it and it seems okay now but I haven't ridden it for 6 months. See how it goes when I swing a leg over it again. 

Yes,it's a terrible design that you would expect on a cheap chinese branded bike. Ktm aren't big enough to man up and admit it's a issue and tell dealers to fix them before they leave the showroom,piss poor imo. Only us having other bike manufacturers like sherco and beta making good bikes will force their hand into us seeing less of these ridiculous issues in future years,here's hoping.

• Like 1
Yes,it's a terrible design that you would expect on a cheap chinese branded bike. Ktm aren't big enough to man up and admit it's a issue and tell dealers to fix them before they leave the showroom,piss poor imo. Only us having other bike manufacturers like sherco and beta making good bikes will force their hand into us seeing less of these ridiculous issues in future years,here's hoping.

Where do they tend to leak from Cluffie?
5 hours ago, cluffie said:

Spot on! The way I see it is if it was just my bike and a handful of others bad luck it's not a big fix deal with it I'm okay with that. The fact it's most 2020 250/300s and they haven't done anything about it bar shrug people off bothered me. You're charging stupid money for these bikes now at least make sure they aren't leaking oil when they leave the bloody showroom floor! 

• Like 1
My 05 model leaked from there  , pretty sure its not just the 20s

Mine has leaked from the r/h side cover once. Probably because I used the same gaskets and seal 4 or 5 times...

I hate to say this, but a sensible amount silicon is the smart fix here.
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, cluffie said:

I don't expect a cheap Chinese bike to leak oil. The ones I've experienced are good.

I do expect expensive European bikes to leak oil.

Euro bike saying - can't keep oil in, can't keep water out.

• Like 2