Mevstar

Avade Heated Garment.

Heading for a two day adventure in the high country with the DirtriderZ crew with predicted snow to fall at Mt Buller.

We where all feeling quite concerned with what jackets, gloves, gear too bring or buy.

I come across a light weight heated garment made from a Australian owned and run company Avade.

At first the price was a real concern at $199.00 with delivery. Some research was done read some reviews and watched Youtube clips I decided to purchase.

The garments come in various sizes with two colours of choice. White/Black I went for the Black. You can purchase safely through Paypal with fast delivery

was at my door within two days of purchase.

Out of the box the garment felt very light it has two heat sensors on the chest and one on the upper back. 

After some test rides with the garment on it works great. Turn it on at high at the start of ride till you get warmed up then with a button placed on right sleeve you can adjust to suit

High, Medium, Low heat or just switch off until you feel the chill. Perfect for after a break when you get those cold sweat chills or from doing it hard in those tight single tracks then turn it on

during the open stuff. 

At Mt Buller I found it perfect first thing in morning until you get warmed up riding those long transport tracks defiantly needed it, And after the breaks it did get cold so it felt great to get some heat.

The battery lasts easily all day of riding when switching on/off is controlled and only turned on when needed. In my opinion defiantly money well spent great too have the heat when needed in just seconds

and enjoy the ride on those cold or wet days that we all dread.

For more info you can visit there site

http://www.avade.com.au/

• Like 4

Good review.

I'm seeing lots of power tool companies doing heated jackets now with batteries..

Looks like the same sort of thing.

I wonder I a vest with elements in them would be good to go under my normal ballards jacket?

I think I would find the sleeves too hot. If my torso is warm I'm all good

Good idea and was only talking to some one about this the other day. Like you Geoff only seen the jackets and would love to see this in a vest. In time I would think.

must get one now look the goods

Defiantly helps DC. I notified Stephen who runs Avade and told him I did a review about his product. He is happy to join the forum answer any questions come out for a ride with us DirtriderZ crew where we can organise a Avade try on ride where he will supply the garments where the guys can actually try & test the product.

• Like 4

After the Mt Bulla ride it's worth getting one.

Ride hard, cool down and hit those long transport sections it's hard to warm up and stay warm until the tight stuff.

• Like 3

After the Mt Bulla ride it's worth getting one.

Ride hard, cool down and hit those long transport sections it's hard to warm up and stay warm until the tight stuff.

Defiantly rusty. it was great to have at Mt Buller & worked a treat.

• Like 1

Heading for a two day adventure in the high country with the DirtriderZ crew with predicted snow to fall at Mt Buller.

We where all feeling quite concerned with what jackets, gloves, gear too bring or buy.

I come across a light weight heated garment made from a Australian owned and run company Avade.

At first the price was a real concern at $199.00 with delivery. Some research was done read some reviews and watched Youtube clips I decided to purchase.

The garments come in various sizes with two colours of choice. White/Black I went for the Black. You can purchase safely through Paypal with fast delivery

was at my door within two days of purchase.

Out of the box the garment felt very light it has two heat sensors on the chest and one on the upper back.

After some test rides with the garment on it works great. Turn it on at high at the start of ride till you get warmed up then with a button placed on right sleeve you can adjust to suit

High, Medium, Low heat or just switch off until you feel the chill. Perfect for after a break when you get those cold sweat chills or from doing it hard in those tight single tracks then turn it on

during the open stuff.

At Mt Buller I found it perfect first thing in morning until you get warmed up riding those long transport tracks defiantly needed it, And after the breaks it did get cold so it felt great to get some heat.

The battery lasts easily all day of riding when switching on/off is controlled and only turned on when needed. In my opinion defiantly money well spent great too have the heat when needed in just seconds

and enjoy the ride on those cold or wet days that we all dread.

For more info you can visit there site

http://www.avade.com.au/

The Tassie boys where testing these...but hey loved them........ in .......
  • Like 1

Do they do a 12v version? Or are they both? I think I could ride in snow and still sweat my a$$ off, more interested for the road bike.

That is a great idea, all they need now is a cooling equivalent for those hot days  :pallanatale-01:

• Like 2

Defiantly helps DC. I notified Stephen who runs Avade and told him I did a review about his product. He is happy to join the forum answer any questions come out for a ride with us DirtriderZ crew where we can organise a Avade try on ride where he will supply the garments where the guys can actually try & test the product.

im in with that ride mate as that would be great to do a try and buy day and does the top come in big size to like xxxl as im fat and find good stuff like this to never come in my size

im in with that ride mate as that would be great to do a try and buy day and does the top come in big size to like xxxl as im fat and find good stuff like this to never come in my size

DC Largest is Xl chest size 124cm - 49"

Hi Guys,

Mevstar emailed me and brought this thread to my attention....  So I thought i'd sign up, join in and introduce myself..

As Mevstar stated earlier, I'm thinking about a ride in the next couple of weeks, bring a heap of garments and whoever's interested can try one out.

Any Ideas on a date that will work for most, and a location.

I'm thinking Murrindindi or Paddy Swamp.. Sunday 31st of this month??

The sizes that are available at the moment are Small Medium and Large. Sold out of XLarge, we are placing a new order with more of everything as well as XL and XXL. I'll have some XL and XXL size samples for people to try on for fit, on the ride day..

and as for the short sleeve version, there's a prototype on the design table already. And there's a hard wiring kit for all 12volt dc vehicles being tested as we speak. Needs a specific regulator for the garment control button and heating elements.

Cheers

Stephen

• Like 4

Stephen thanks for joining and welcome to the forum.

Defiantly you can post up a ride in (Organise Rides Victoria section)

I have never ridden Murrindindi or Paddy's Swamp so would be keen to attend only cant do 31st as I've got another

ride booked for that weekend.  If guys are keen on that date defiantly go ahead. Will you be leading the ride? 

Not sure if any one from the forum knows that area well that might be interested in attending & possibly lead.

Cheers & Good Luck

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Mevstar emailed me and brought this thread to my attention.... So I thought i'd sign up, join in and introduce myself..

As Mevstar stated earlier, I'm thinking about a ride in the next couple of weeks, bring a heap of garments and whoever's interested can try one out.

Any Ideas on a date that will work for most, and a location.

I'm thinking Murrindindi or Paddy Swamp.. Sunday 31st of this month??

The sizes that are available at the moment are Small Medium and Large. Sold out of XLarge, we are placing a new order with more of everything as well as XL and XXL. I'll have some XL and XXL size samples for people to try on for fit, on the ride day..

and as for the short sleeve version, there's a prototype on the design table already. And there's a hard wiring kit for all 12volt dc vehicles being tested as we speak. Needs a specific regulator for the garment control button and heating elements.

Cheers

Stephen

hi mate im abit fat and would want to know if you could do a bigger size in your next order as I would buy one if it fit me as im normal a xxxl but if not am I able to just buy the heater and battery and fit them my self to a top or jacket

Hey there RIDER,

Not sure if you've contacted me via email recently, but if it's not you, and as I mentioned to the other guy, Iv'e got XLarge and XXLarge arriving in a few weeks and they'd definitely be worth a try.

I'll  set up an avade ride day when they arrive, with the other sizes as well for people to try out....

Cheers

• Like 2

Ordered a medium today.

Hoping it will be the answer to working in a bulky jacket on the cold mornings

Did you receive your heated garment yet cruiser? 

If yes have you tried it out yet?

Received it. Found the medium to be too small. Got  a lge. much better fit.

Rode with it last weekend. Worked a treat.

Bike Mart also sell them.

Great product.

• Like 2