youngfella

Track/loop Information – Sharing Or Secret.

That's fair enough..

It does sound like some people feel like they do own them.

I don't mind sharing.

I'm not saying all but some defiantly do act like you have stolen something from them for ridding on a track they cut..

Yup I'm just a sharing person... :D

I will be doing a lead ride up my way with some new single in the not too distant future, and Im looking forward to how much fun it is going to be  riding it with others and sharing it,  but the obvious thing for me when riding it at the moment, I can almost be sure there will be no one coming towards me so you can have a fair crack at it ............... at this stage.   

So that's the biggest thing from my point of view, once its shared you don't really know which way people are on it, so you must ride with extreme caution !

This is not any different than exposing your fav fishing spot.This type of thing is very big with the dear hunting community.

• Like 1

Reading trough all the posts I think there is two different groups of riders, group of people who have been riding only for few years level 2.5 - 3 and when going riding happy to have as many stops/breaks as needed, more a casual/relaxed ride, happy to take photos and gopro footage on the ride, laugh at the never ending gumby moments, long ride reports, happy to share there loops, and then there is a level 4 group who are more experience riders riding for years and know a lot of nice tracks/loops they found riding all these years, there is not much interest in photos/gopros, stops, breaks they just want to ride as that`s what level four is, also understand they don't want to share there  loops to everybody as that means a lot of bikes going over there favorite tracks and destroying it for them.

• Like 3

Reading trough all the posts I think there is two different groups of riders, group of people who have been riding only for few years level 2.5 - 3 and when going riding happy to have as many stops/breaks as needed, more a casual/relaxed ride, happy to take photos and gopro footage on the ride, laugh at the never ending gumby moments, long ride reports, happy to share there loops, and then there is a level 4 group who are more experience riders riding for years and know a lot of nice tracks/loops they found riding all these years, there is not much interest in photos/gopros, stops, breaks they just want to ride as that`s what level four is, also understand they don't want to share there loops to everybody as that means a lot of bikes going over there favorite tracks and destroying it for them.

couldnt have said it better myself yr absolutely spot on
  • Like 1

And there is a group who have ridden since a kid and at this point in their life have come to realize giving is much more rewarding than taking.

It's a small group I know.

But geez the world would be heaps better if there were more of them.

• Like 4

Those blokes Tom and I shared some gold too today better not share ....... They're Toms PRECIOOUUSSSSSSSS!

And be warned .... He knows what website you hang out on!

Those blokes Tom and I shared some gold too today better not share ....... They're Toms PRECIOOUUSSSSSSSS!

can I come back and do that loop we did a while ago, for some reason the GPS didn't log anything, or have you blokes done something sneaky with satellite transmission in that area ?

can I come back and do that loop we did a while ago, for some reason the GPS didn't log anything, or have you blokes done something sneaky with satellite transmission in that area ?

Yeah come over tomorrow or Tuesday.

All satellites have been blocked in Creswick Forrest though!

• Like 1

Yeah come over tomorrow or Tuesday.

All satellites have been blocked in Creswick Forrest though!

on school duty , otherwise I would be there, before I freshen up the bikes for easter

some one else likes the loop ?

Don't know john never got to do it? The stars just haven't aligned but since watching a wet video of it last year its been on the list!

• Like 1

Why, there only boring fire trails. Who'd want to share those ;)

• Like 1

Can do Tuesday arvo

How many hours for the "deluxe loop" Scott? I don't want to miss anything just dont tell Tom im on his tracks! Could be very interested in this.

• Like 1

More serious

I've ridden the trails we rode today half a dozen times. I had a GPS. I still had to stop and think at a few intersection. Pine forests age just a huge maze. For the record it was all done today using map and memory (not always mine..... Thanks Scott, I almost had to pull out the GPS).

So what this got to do with sharing

The ride today was close to 60 corners, mostly were hard to see, the wrong corner at times leading to old mine shafts, cliffs or worse

I'm happy for people to bring their GPS.

BUT I DOUBT THEY WOULD FIND THE TRACKS EVEN WITH ONE.

I would rather show someone the loop and tracks so they don't get lost or fall in a hole. As for sharing, if I've shown someone it's now out there, I don't own them, how could I get cut if the person I showed showed someone else.

As for the person who made these tracks, I'd love to meet them, Shake Their hand on a job well done and offer to help make the next section.

But, it's all theory, where we rode today is all boring fire trails........... Honest.

• Like 5

How many hours for the "deluxe loop" Scott? I don't want to miss anything jyst dont tell Tom im on his tracks! Could be very interested in this.

Damnit!

I was just posting a EOI for tuesday ride and remembered I'm going to the dentist midday.

Tomorrow??

Damnit!

I was just posting a EOI for tuesday ride and remembered I'm going to the dentist midday.

Tomorrow??

Maybe,  might require some fancy footwork by me what time start/finish?