Scotty

Force Baseplate/pipe Protector

Is anyone using theses guards.

I'm mainly wanting one to protect the T2 pipe from the hard nocks that bend them out of shape. Do they work?

Ideally I would like to have a pickled with a carbon gard but apart from the cost of buying both, I'm not sure if picked cages are available.

If this has already been a discussion I'm sorry but I couldn't find anything.

Also if anyone knows of an in stock fmf gnarly for KTM 250 2010 that's not overpriced please let me know.

Hey mate I was riding with a bloke 2 weeks ago at kinglake with a 300exc an he had the black force guard on looked pretty sweet an the chamber looked very well protected. Speaking to him he was rapped with it as he didn't have to worry about hitting logs hard anymore. If I had a smoker I'd be putting one of them on

• Like 2

After doing a few searches on the Google, it seems the force gard only fits with stock pipes.

If anyone nows otherwise?

Dunno about the force guards, but I couldn't get an fmf gnarly anywhere so put a fmf ktm factory chamber on.

Paid high $300's.

Was quoted $370 for a gnarly but mid feb delivery.

Freight and $$ conversion from rmatv worked out around $360 the day I priced it.

• Like 2

Scotty I'm running one and have been happy with it. The pic u posted is the old model the new one has a bracket from the guard up to the fork in the frame.

It's taken a few hard hits and still holding up well. However I'm getting the pipe blown out for some minor dents on the left hand side just above where the guard finishes so running a carbon guard would also be handy.

It can collect mud in real tacky conditions but if it becomes a problem it's only two bolts to remove and give it a quick clean.

• Like 2

I ended up getting the force Gard for my 2010. It didn't have the additional bracket that goes to the Frame. I questioned why and he said only on the latest models.

When I first installed it it fit well and very easy to install.

I rode with it today for the first time. On its first hit it came loose, and rattled. I tried tightening up the bolt but it was tight.

When I got home I removed it to try reinstall it......I tighten the bolt as tight as it can go but it's still loose. It won't tighten up. I have a feeling I've received and old model, the Bracket is not the best design.

I'm calling them tomorrow to find out why.

I ended up getting the force Gard for my 2010. It didn't have the additional bracket that goes to the Frame. I questioned why and he said only on the latest models.

I rode with it today for the first time. On its first hit it came loose, and rattled. I tried tightening up the bolt but it was tight.

When I got home I removed it to try reinstall it......I tighten the bolt as tight as it can go but it's still loose. It won't tighten up. I have a feeling I've received and old model, the Bracket is not the best design.

When the foam strips on the inside of the bash-plate wear, it will be a little loose, I cut strips of tube and glue them to the bash plate.

Also loctite the bolt seams to work well enjoy!

I usually run the force guard, it's good for standard weekend runs hitting logs and rocks and haven't had much damage to the pipe from sticks and rocks from other bikes( if you want ultimate protection through the carbon guard on)

I do notice the weight so it gets taken off if I know the track and there's no logs but it beats buying a new pipe every two months!

I ordered one for my 2010 through the bike shop and they supplied the latest one with the additional brackets. Some where along the line they buggered up the price and I got it for a good price, so instead of returning it I made a few mods and fitted it up. Done 300km last weekend including hitting a few logs and didnt have a problem. My only complaint would be that it catches mud and after 2 days of riding wet muddy tracks it was full and had to be removed to be be cleaned.

I just bought a 300exc and wasn't risking it without a guard,looked at others,the force looked the strongest.I got the model with the frame bracket and after a decent hit (saved my pipe)im happy with no movement or vibrations.

I ended up getting the gard for the pro circuit pipe.

It was a pain in the arse to get it the fit without touching the pipe. This might be because my bikes getting old and the brackets might be a bit bent.

I think it's a good gard apart from the amount of mud it collects.

After trashing a brand new pipe on it's 1st ride I decided to invest in this great aussie product.

I run a FMF Gnarly pipe with the force bash plate/pipe protector and fitment is not an issue.  So far so good, yes they do fill up with leaf litter and mud and rocks, but no big deal as I have always dropped my bash plates off when washing my bike anyway.

Go down to Clarke Rubber or similar and get some of that packing foam stuff it between ur cases and guard it will stop the build up of mud & crap and in the drier mths u just remove it !!

After trashing a brand new pipe on it's 1st ride I decided to invest in this great aussie product.

I run a FMF Gnarly pipe with the force bash plate/pipe protector and fitment is not an issue.  So far so good, yes they do fill up with leaf litter and mud and rocks, but no big deal as I have always dropped my bash plates off when washing my bike anyway.

KAYTM what bike you got? Ive got a KTM 2013 300 with gnarly chamber i messaged Force to see if the bash plate & pipe protector will fit they reckon it wont fit.

They sent me a email saying that there in the process of manufacturing one that will suit FMF pipes. been waiting months

KAYTM what bike you got? Ive got a KTM 2013 300 with gnarly chamber i messaged Force to see if the bash plate & pipe protector will fit they reckon it wont fit.

They sent me a email saying that there in the process of manufacturing one that will suit FMF pipes. been waiting months

if KAYTM is who I think KAYTM is then the bike is I believe a 2010 (MY11) KTM300exc! (Dales300exc's old bike!)

2010 KTM 300EXC and a 2012 Berg TE300 both use the same plate and have 1 on each of them. Not sure why they said it would not fit, I also have pipe guards on the exposed bits without any probs. 

• Like 1

Not sure why they said it would not fit, I also have pipe guards on the exposed bits without any probs. 

Not sure either mate. I thought it would fit because when i installed the FMF chamber the original carbon fibre pipe guard fit on no problems.

• Like 1

Not sure either mate. I thought it would fit because when i installed the FMF chamber the original carbon fibre pipe guard fit on no problems.

first ride with force pipe/bash guard and after a wet otways ride this thing was absolutely full of mud adding extra kgs to the already weighty guard and even after a pressure wash it still held alot of mud and had to be removed and unlike the quick release clip on the plastic guard its added extra work to maintenance, yes it protects better if you get it wrong but what a pain and concerned how much leaf litter this thing will catch in dry months on the so called "tracks" we ride.

first ride with force pipe/bash guard and after a wet otways ride this thing was absolutely full of mud adding extra kgs to the already weighty guard and even after a pressure wash it still held alot of mud and had to be removed and unlike the quick release clip on the plastic guard its added extra work to maintenance, yes it protects better if you get it wrong but what a pain and concerned how much leaf litter this thing will catch in dry months on the so called "tracks" we ride.

You can make an early start on lighting the bbq ? If you flip it onto the bars / seat near the cars at the end of the day we could just put the snags and burgers straight on the bashplate .