#1 cd01

cd01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Wish I could say this was me LOL

But my mate who races took my go pro for a practice session, he rides a crf 450r

enjoy !!

#2 motoz

motoz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationAdelaide Hills

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Great vid Chris! Was he whippin it over the table tops?

I loved how he kept waiting for the bloke on the Yam to catch up then shut the door on him every time.

I was thinking of maybe getting an MA license for next year and doing Wednesday's at Gilman. Never really done much track riding.

#3 schefejh1

schefejh1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

Never done much track riding myself !!!!
I felt like a learner driver !! but I guess I was out there getting dirty !

Eating some-ones DUST !!!!!:7_4_17[1]

#4 cd01

cd01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:14 AM

Gillman is awesome !!!

Im getting better every ride !! when you get a MA rec licence $ 85 it only costs $ 20 to ride ride 5 times its paid off !!

Nicky is one of the fastest in the state, and a really nice guy offering heaps of advice and bike set up tips, Im planning on having a go at vets club race next year and even if I come last at least it will be crossed of the bucket list !!

I shit my pants the first few times at gillman but you get the hang of it and start working on getting better, im just about clearing all the jumps now except the 2nd big one in the middle of the track as I need more balls on acelleration. Cornering is hit and miss for me at the moment as sometimes I get it right and others stuff it up completely LOL

Guys any time you want to come out to ride gillman, let me know, I be keen as to ride , in fact I reckon Ill be there this sunday if open as the weather is 22 and rain !!!!

#5 Anthony_1978

Anthony_1978

Elite Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

thanks for sharing chris :D

#6 motoz

motoz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationAdelaide Hills

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

Sweet, I'll need the MA to race the 24hr next year. I have to work out what club to join. Was also thinking of entering some of the off road series as well.

Whats the age bracket for 'vets club' ?

I'm a big fan of Acusa Park track, wouldn't mind having a race there. The plan is to get as much training and track practice in as possible and have a crack at that Extreme Enduro at the end of next year.

Do Gillman still have that Enduro Cross track open?

#7 motoz

motoz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationAdelaide Hills

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

Never done much track riding myself !!!!
I felt like a learner driver !! but I guess I was out there getting dirty !

Nice vid mate, pitty the beats finished at 9:30 was a banging tune!

Wish all by bike parts would arrive soon, keen to head out there!

#8 cd01

cd01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

motocross vets class is 35 + and 45+

Only motocross track at gillman, the endurocross was a once only event track and its not run buy the motocross club.

Any time any of you guys want to ride it let me know, or more than likely Ill be there, just look for the most blinged out KTM 350 !!! well at least I look fast LOLOLOL !!!

Motoz Ive ridden acusa park ride days a few times last couple of years, would be keen to ride with you there next year and any other sa members as well its an awesome track, as long as its wet as it sucks when its dusty !!

#9 motoz

motoz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationAdelaide Hills

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

motocross vets class is 35 + and 45+

Motoz Ive ridden acusa park ride days a few times last couple of years, would be keen to ride with you there next year and any other sa members as well its an awesome track, as long as its wet as it sucks when its dusty !!

35+ thats me, as for Acusa... were on!

2011 DirtriderZ track days... lets do it

#10 Biglumpy

Biglumpy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationAdelaide/Roxby

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Ive been to gilman once before too. Wasnt very good but had a ball! I was the only one on the day with a number plate headlight and indicators haha. would be keen to head back out there for sure. How often is it open?? Or a better question is how do i get out there more??
I have been called the song bird of my generation by the people that have heard me........that good!

#11 Biglumpy

Biglumpy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationAdelaide/Roxby

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

I wasnt very good not gilman wasnt very good.........just to clear that up....
I have been called the song bird of my generation by the people that have heard me........that good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users